ABC - North Island

SerengetiGuide

Guys, for this election we need to preach ABC..Anything But Catherine!

The past 2 1/2 years with Catherine Bell as MP of Vancouver Island North has been a failure for the North Island. She has done nothing for us. I worked for a veteran NDP MP in Parliament last year who barely even knew who she was...and he is in her freaking caucus! She is a back bencher who doesn't get anything done for us.

I'm pleading with people to vote strategically for John Duncan just to make sure we don't have another 2-3 years of no representation. I have a broken hand so its hard to type..but will gladly get into the reasons later.

ABC = Anything But Catherine!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

AlI I want is for people to vote.
On the other hand, a friend is voting for Duncan only because he wants to have an MP with the supposed future ruling party. What if that party were Communist (not that I have anything against that particular position). Not a valid reason, IMHO.
Vote with your heart or with your head, but just vote.
(And if Mr. Duncan could put together four inteligent words in a row, I might even vote that way....but he can't so...)
GO JACK!!!!

boc

I repeat again from a previous thread: "If I were a greedy millionaire, who didn't give a toss about the environment or our Pacific wild salmon, then I would vote Conservative. But because I care about our wild salmon and my Canadian right to fish in these west coast waters and don't want our fisheries privatised and sold off to the highest bidder, a resource which incidentally doesn't actually belong to any political party, politicians are just custodians with a duty to protect this wonderful resource for future generations of Canadians. I will do everything in my power to keep the Conservatives from forming a majority." I'm voting from Catherine Bell, anything to stop John Duncan.

Have you actually ever talked to Catherine Bell? This woman can't put a sentence together!! Nevermind John Duncan. He knows how Ottawa works...how to get things done. All Catherine knows is how to sit on her @$$ doing nothing for the North Island.

It boggles my mind how some people vote for her...I respect your opinion to vote for who you like...but come on. She is about as useless as a fish without a tail. The Conservatives aren't even close to a majority...mine as well get the North island represented in the cabinet! We wasted our last chance to get it done..shouldn't do it twice.

Dave -- again on politics we agree to disagree.
quote:Have you actually ever talked to Catherine Bell? This woman can't put a sentence together!!

Not true. She has done a credible job of speaking for wild salmon and habitat. And she opposes the give-a-way through ITQs/IVQs of our common fish resources to a select few. Do you REALLY want to see us get screwed again with salmon, shellfish and groundfish like we did with halibut?? Are you aware that it is likey we will get a further cut in our sports catch for halibut next year because our catch was close to 19% of the TAC, rather than the 12% we were forced to accept?? And how about the flawed new Fisheries Act that Herne tried to force on us with no consultation?

And want to talk about salmon farming??? Too bad you were not home to see the crap the salmon farmers are spewing out now trying to support Duncan.. Sorry-- The Cons are as bad as the Liberals were when it comes to our natural resources.

I have never voted NDP in my life-- but this time, we need someone who will stick up for the fish.... not the guys with the big bucks. A minority will be good for our salmon

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Well, yes I have talked to Catherine. She's got my vote, also, by vigorously supporting a private members bill (C219) that started back in 2006. For someone being as politically astute as you are, you will understand why I am ,in particular, eager to to see this pass and what this will mean to rural voters across Canada.

boc

Yes I have spoken with Catherine, she fought very hard to try to introduce a hoist motion to try to stop the Conservatives from forcing through the ill-conceived and non-consulted latest Fisheries Act. She is the only politician in my riding that actually cares what happens to the future of our wild Pacific salmon.

Not true. She has done a credible job of speaking for wild salmon and habitat. And she opposes the give-a-way through ITQs/IVQs of our common fish resources to a select few. Do you REALLY want to see us get screwed again with salmon, shellfish and groundfish like we did with halibut?? Are you aware that it is likey we will get a further cut in our sports catch for halibut next year because our catch was close to 19% of the TAC, rather than the 12% we were forced to accept?? And how about the flawed new Fisheries Act that Herne tried to force on us with no consultation?

We have until the end of the month...October 31st/2008 to voice our opinion on this one.
believe me....if something dramatic doesn't change...we are heading for a one a day halibut deal and that ain't good for any of us ....
It happened in Alaska and it's got a huge push from the commercial sector to get this through...

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

Well Dave, the people have spoken. We now have John Duncan as our MP. Time for all of us to put aside party RA-RA stuff and get to work to make sure that Duncan pays attention to the requirements of BC sportsfishermen.

He is the potential Fisheries Minister in the next Cabinet so all of us need to let him know that that he cant ignore us to the advantage of the commercial industry like the last guy did.

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Very true...hopefully he will get the post and listen to the people of the West Coast. I plan on trying to volunteer for him as soon as they resume the fall sitting as I go to university here in Ottawa. Have volunteered for other MP's before so hopefully I will be able to for John. And if I get the chance to, whenever it seems appropriate I will definitely bring up the importance of the recreational fishery, fish farms, etc etc.

Give it your best shot Dave. Sometimes more can be accomplished during a discussion at the local Timmys, than during a Cabinet session.

BTW-- how did you bust your hand? Angry husband?? ;)

Cheers
Bryan

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

All I can do is try anyway.

And Close...punched a hole in the wall...then wrongly decided I was tough after that [:p] and punched re enforced glass breaking two bones in my hand. Stupid cast on for 3 weeks...no hockey, hard to write midterms and hard to enjoy the other finer parts of uni ;) haha. Ah well...lesson learned.

Back