A message from the Sport Fishing Institute

Well said! It’s a real shock how badly the liberals and Wilkinson gave anglers the shaft.
Who will be the better vote then?!

Wonderful informational video
Let’s all share this with everyone we know.
Stosh
Streamkeeper - Craigflower Creek

Honestly The Greens want us shut down period. The NDP are pushing us out as well. A Liberal NDP Green coalition will be hard on us. The liberals know we have to stay on the water for obvious economic reasons but unless they capitulate on certain issues they’ll be defeated on non-confidence so Trudeau will have to give them something to keep his job, and 4 years of that type of environmental extortion is what’s in store for Trudeau and by default- us fishermen. The Conservatives won’t fund our enhancement or restoration projects, and anyone and everyone will be allowed to fish, especially BIG BUSINESS! We know who that is! So if you’re young and have 4 years of wrangling and wrestling to potentially get shut out of fishing from age 20-25, you can vote liberals you’ve got time. I’m 56, been fishing most of my life, I’d like to continue fishing for the rest of it uninterrupted if possible. If I could say vote Conservative and hope the Liberals support them on budget issues out west like enhancement for chinook and hold the Conservatives to fund our fishery that’s the perfect scenario. But Scheer made no attempt to court our vote out here, none. When we lost our first 100 days of the season they were nowhere to be found. That pissed me off. I have doubts about our DFO though and the numbers of salmon going up our rivers. I posted on here 12 months ago the liberals were going to use environmental issues and salmon scare to win voters across Canada. They did that in spades. They spent big buying Government jobs(voters), lots of new dfo jobs ! Everyone towing the party message. I am no Scheer fan, not even close but I don’t trust what happened this past year with Wilkinson Trudeau and DFO. I don’t trust their numbers and I don’t trust they’ll be able to follow through with their spending promises in a minority government so I’m voting Conservatives. My heart says no but my gut says the Government today isn’t trustworthy. I can’t support them

The electoral system needs a revamp the way it sits the west is forgotten for the most part voices unheard. Frustrating Great vid thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Back