• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
I'm in the same boat as you, Robert. I'll be taking a truckload of 40 years of pack ratting to Independent's sale next spring to unload

You could sell me all and any no.8 Stewart’s, standard or improved as well as shovelnose Louie’s. Maybe that’ll lighten your load :)

HACS Gun show in March in Chilliwack. It is a two day show. A few guys that go there just sell fishing gear and there is all kinds of stuff for sale. Although it is a gun show there are all kinds of hoarders and collectors of stuff. You would have to factor in ferries, lodging food but if you want to get rid of stuff that would be a good way of doing it. I know a bunch of guys who go just for the fishing gear that is possibly available. Just a thought.

NDSS (Nan. Dist. Sec. School) has a fishing swap meet every April. Pay to rent a table, and keep all your sales $. But stuff doesn't sell well unless your prices are very low.

You could probably do alright if you do a combination of a couple of these ideas that people have mentioned over the next few years. From what I’ve seen you have top notch quality stuff for sale.
The real headache is the processing of the transaction... establishing a price, payment method, time to pick up, mailing... that will eat up any money that is made on he good deals you are offering.
Find a couple guys in different spots and ship them inventory. Make it worth their while to do cash sales at events in Chilliwack or wherever. The gear will likely go to a good home and everyone is happy.

NDSS (Nan. Dist. Sec. School) has a fishing swap meet every April. Pay to rent a table, and keep all your sales $. But stuff doesn't sell well unless your prices are very low.
I just discovered that Independent isn’t having the swap meet portion of their big sale this year so I’m looking to get a table at this meet to blow out my surplus fishing gear and marine supplies

Why not get some like minded local individuals together and have a multi table sale? Something like the nautical one they have/ had every year at Ogden point in Victoria If you get group together there is more variety and people will drive the extra miles to check it out. Have a Nanaimo fishing gear extravaganza!

Is Raincity not doing his chicken fest? There was so much talk about this awesome chicken I thought it was a done deal....
Bit of a derail here but no. I asked twice and got a lackluster response. If there were 20-30 guys interested then sure it's worth all the effort. Maybe a swap meet fundraiser thing solves both these issues. Trouble is this forum is pretty split between the island and us mainlanders. Even the Vic guys act like going to Nanaimo is like going to China let alone the mainland.

Bit of a derail here but no. I asked twice and got a lackluster response. If there were 20-30 guys interested then sure it's worth all the effort. Maybe a swap meet fundraiser thing solves both these issues. Trouble is this forum is pretty split between the island and us mainlanders. Even the Vic guys act like going to Nanaimo is like going to China let alone the mainland.

Not true my man...name the time and place and careful what u ask for.
This was supposed to be in kind for
The epic thread and your subsequent
Purchase...and swap some stories .

I was mostly just giving you a hard time about the bird. I can imagine organising something like that would be a bit like herding cats...

Not true my man...name the time and place and careful what u ask for.
This was supposed to be in kind for
The epic thread and your subsequent
Purchase...and swap some stories .
I agree it was!
I was mostly just giving you a hard time about the bird. I can imagine organising something like that would be a bit like herding cats...
And I agree it does!

And isn't it more like "going to Vancouver is like going to China"
And yes it is just like herding cats.

We should arrange a derby the afternoon/evening of the Ogden Point Maritime Museum sale, call it the China Fishing Derby, free ticket to each Victoria boat that hosts at one Nanaimo and one Vancouver fisherman.(please don’t point out fishing is closed then, I can’t read the regs) Truly it is a great sale, but no I won’t drive 200km round trip to add more fishing/boating junk to my garage collection. Keep posting your stuff here many of do go up island for ski season and visits at Xmas.

I just discovered that Independent isn’t having the swap meet portion of their big sale this year so I’m looking to get a table at this meet to blow out my surplus fishing gear and marine supplies
FYI The rodeo grounds at Coombs ran a marine swap meet last year. Not as big as Independants but it had a fair number of sellers.

FYI The rodeo grounds at Coombs ran a marine swap meet last year. Not as big as Independants but it had a fair number of sellers.
Thanks! I’ll check it out. Hopefully there some buyers there that want good stuff at great prices

Back