• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
Swap meets and fishing garage sale type fundraisers (pay a responsible kid with a truck).
Sell the whole pile at a discount to someone who likes re-selling stuff.
Keep doing what you're doing.
Take a load to Re-Store and see if you feel good or violated.

I know you are up island some where but have you thought of taking all it to a auction house. Victoria has or at least had 2 auction houses, Lund's and Kilshaw's. I believe you can set a minimum price you will take and then they take a cut of that. A lot of people do it for estate sales. You would have to check with them to find the actual details, but believe that is sort of how it is done.
Another is https://go.maxsold.com/sell-with-ma...L-8brErRbh7XSYlky2tibRxSdaGzEUYMaAtkxEALw_wcB

You can check out the Fraser valley salmon society sale where you can rent a table and sell
Your gear. Bit of a hassle to get to from the island but might be worth it to get a couple tables set up and blow it all out. I would attach the link but don’t have Facebook. Search for it on there ...the 2019 one looks like it was in March. Maybe another one coming up.

Just list it at a good deal then when you find a buyer leave it outside for people to pick up.

They will leave you the money.

Saves a ton of hassle trying to coordinate meet ups.

I’d do that for everything $100 or less. obviously your high value items you might not want to leave out for a stranger.

I did get ripped off once somebody didn’t pay me for my hockey net and I even delivered it to him. What a turd. Still have his email.

Buy a high efficiency wood stove and burn it all this winter. $$$ saved in fuel costs :)

I know you are up island some where but have you thought of taking all it to a auction house. Victoria has or at least had 2 auction houses, Lund's and Kilshaw's. I believe you can set a minimum price you will take and then they take a cut of that. A lot of people do it for estate sales. You would have to check with them to find the actual details, but believe that is sort of how it is done.
Another is https://go.maxsold.com/sell-with-maxsold.html?utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=Victoria&utm_medium=PPC&utm_term=team&keyword=+auctioneer&ad=382718146264&matchtype=b&Network=Search&SiteTarget=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlJfsBRDUARIsAIDHsWqslf8g3VGui4WrigWKhFdL-8brErRbh7XSYlky2tibRxSdaGzEUYMaAtkxEALw_wcB

2nd that, auction!

If you have a shed or garage we’re you can set up tables and rod rack ,some people are just looking for one spoon or flasher,you can try making a fishing packages up to,this is what one old retired guy did he had a two car garage full

I have absolutely nothing for fishing yet, can you set me up with a box full of tackle? not junk of course...lol

The problem I find is using used goods and meeting up for extange for a $.I find the more people ask ,the chance a using a person or myself being used grows.P.eople are not tools and should not be used like tools .eg .- a worker from a company gets a call for work .said "they could use you on a job". worker buys a nice rod with the money compansated. A fellow in the simular trade says nice rod .worker replys .I used (a company) for work, and used another company to buy the rod.I don't like to be used and others continue to say those word to me.. rant over.Good luck ST and I hope you find the proper home for all your treasures. FC

Hi, I have tried so many different ways to sell everything that I wish to let go. It's been a tedious process dealing with my life long addiction to hording fishing tackle, tools, hobbies and then my fathers passing in 2003 where I ended up with all of his fishing and mega other items unwanted by other family members. I came home from work one day to a whole garage jam packed full of stuff that I didn't ask for and none of the family wanted. Deal with it I did, little by little. What a hard and arduous process.

I have been selling stuff off in various ways for like 15 years. I let go, then accumulate, then purge and purge, and acquire and let go...it feels like a never ending cycle. Personally I have gotten so much better at not buying over the past three years, but most strongly this year, accept for a few interactions where related to stuff that is required for something that I have been working on for about the last 9 years.

Anyway...how can I quickly and easily sell all the stuff that I want to let go. I am tired of waiting for people to show up when they say they will...I am certain that any persons time is worth just as much as the next person time. I tried ebay, Craigslist, UsedNanaimo, Letgo, Kijiji, Facebook, this site, word of mouth...ideas please. :)

I have no time, this is part of my issue, as I have been working toward building something interesting and that I enjoy doing outside of work. I don't really own any junk, just way too much stuff for one person to use in ten lifetimes. I have recycled, donated sold and continue to sell. Thoughts, ideas...thanks :)
In Chilliwack we have Chilliwack 24 hour Bidding and people sell all kinds of stuff that way.
only problem is at the end of the 24 hours whoever is high bid gets it for that price regardless

Just list it at a good deal then when you find a buyer leave it outside for people to pick up.

They will leave you the money.

Saves a ton of hassle trying to coordinate meet ups.

I’d do that for everything $100 or less. obviously your high value items you might not want to leave out for a stranger.

I did get ripped off once somebody didn’t pay me for my hockey net and I even delivered it to him. What a turd. Still have his email.
You don't want to do that in Nanaimo. Gone for sure.

I would set something up like a garage sale as others have already said. I would advertise it on here a couple of weeks in advance with a partial list of what you have for sale. I know you have a lot of stuff but list it in a general format.
100 flashers @ 8 bucks each
1000 hootchies @ buck a piece
500 spoons @ 3 bucks each
Something like that will get the people coming to your place for sure.
You could then advertise it on Craigslist etc as well if you wanted.
I would attend for sure.

Why not a parking lot garage sale. We all have too much fishing/boating stuff.
Rent tables to whoever wants to sell stuff. I know Independant does one in the spring maybe they need some competition. I'd happily rent a table.

In Chilliwack we have Chilliwack 24 hour Bidding and people sell all kinds of stuff that way.
only problem is at the end of the 24 hours whoever is high bid gets it for that price regardless
They have the same in Nanaimo

Dump it for next to nothing-that's what I did with most of the Salmon freshwater gear I owned and it flew out the door.

I suppose sooner or later that's what will happen to all the salt gear I own too and that's fine.

Back