7" Anchovy

Anybody else fishing with these new XL 7" anchovy? Took a couple tweaks to get a roll i was ok with, but had a couple salmon in short order when it was otherwise really slow. It was enough to convince me to get a case.

7 chovie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well you could still try cut plugging a chovie, probably not been done in a while. Sorry 777, not trying to poke fun at you, but you never know, right? Kinda what fishing is all about

No, it might be worth a shot. These things are huge. I guess it's the first year they have had this size. 6 per package gets expensive for a sockeye year, though.

I gave the guy that PM'd me a headstart. The Chevron at tillicum/hwy 1 have them, and by the case from blue water baits near shawnigan.

Put that in a Rhys Davis Bullet Roll or Krippled Head....and go slab hunting!!

Used them in a bloody nose anchovy special and ran out of bait after 5 fish on in a couple hours. It's been a while since I've filleted a 24 lb'r! :D

That is awesome.... I love the largest anchovy. I always use them for middle of july to aug for target big springs.

Caught 2 nice springers last weekend that had 8-9" pilchards in them, so your 7" anchovy is a little on the small side.....lol

Go big or go home !!!

I picked up a pack of these, ill try anything to get out of dreaded slab slump im in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a pack of these, ill try anything to get out of dreaded slab slump im in..

Slab slump beats my all around salmon slump :D

We will get them soon Jeffy... they must be on their way down soon!

I have heard of limits coming out of Grant's this week, so it is only a matter of time.

You bet here i s a pic of my last hunting trip..
yqe3e8ut.jpg

Yeah I've been using small herring I dipped at work so far, about 3.5-5". They look small and I have to troll a lil faster to make em' roll the way I want, but they were doin 2/1 against the the Rhys Davis chovys I had running on the other side. Most guys would look at them and laugh because most of them are missing a lot of scales, but they keep catching, so I keep rolling them.

Back