4 lbs shy of bc world record

jeffywestcoast

A friends brother was fishing out of terrace on Wednesday and caught this pig...005.jpg look photoshopped I know.. but it's real...:cool: 79 lbs

this was caught on the Skeena should have put this in the freshwater I guess, I dunno anyone who would make up a story like that , who's to say they don't have monsters in the river up there by the end of july..Dunno.. big fish tho...Skeena is definitely known for big fish...

this was caught on the Skeena should have put this in the freshwater I guess, I dunno anyone who would make up a story like that , who's to say they don't have monsters in the river up there by the end of july..Dunno.. big fish tho...Skeena is definitely known for big fish...

I have old friends who once lived on Vancouver Island, now back to their hometown, Terrace, catching a few big fish, and many nice ones off the sandbars and in a welded boat in each summer. Very fortunate to live in a beautiful snow capped mountain valley.

This should be in the "Where are they?" thread.

That's probably a Kalum monster and yes they enter the rivers way earlier up north.

What would you have done with it FA?

I wouldn't be willing to release that fish although I agree 100% its better off spawning then on my wall or in my smoker. Congrats on a giant I wish the skeena fish came my way.

I would not be surprised if that was taken in the "Hog Hole" just below where the Kalum enters the Skeena.

Plunking most likely with a spin and glow, my guess is the confluence of the Skeena and Kalum.

I would say that's probably the case, I all know for sure is it was outta Terrace somewhere..pretty crazy river systems.. need to know your stuff up there.. Sounds like trip of a lifetime .

Back