24 foot Cutwater, information requested.

Olde School

Hello.

My partner is getting tired of the small amenities of our Campion 622.
The boat that has our attention is the 24 foot Cutwater. There have been several iterations over the years but I will only own an outboard model.

I have 2 questions:
1) do you know of any way for us to charter one? It sure would be nice to try before we buy. Perhaps the amenities aren't worth a $100K step up ;-)
2) IF YOU ARE AN OWNER OF ONE OF THESE, will you let me know of your experiences with it, positive and negative? Feel free to PM me.

Thank you.

Andrew.

I don’t believe in two footitus, I believe in 4-7 footitus but not easy to find a good outboard boat in the 26-29 foot range. The step from 18-25 was a good one for me. If I had a 22 I would want at least a 26 preferably with a beam just under 10 feet. It would feel like a much bigger boat and be potentially trailerable.

To answer your question first check out bareboat charters and boat shares in the US, and join cutwater Facebook group/forum and ask for a ride. I haven’t seen any available or used by a charter here in Canada bareboat or fishing.

I would dig deeper into your long term boating and cruising objectives. Other boats that might fit the bill are the C-dory cruiser 25 and Tomcat. Boston whaler 255 but doesn’t have a locking cabin like the cutwater and the 622? Seasports make some bigger boats but look for the XL long cabin for the stand up head.

The Port Boat House in Port Alberni sells Cutwater boats. Go up there and get them to take you out. if they have one in stock. I've also seen a
Cutwater 24 at the Esq Angler and talked to him and it was a nice rig and he is a local so hopefully he will contact you.

I fish on a friends 30ft Cutwater which is fully loaded with everything under the sun and has twin 300 hp. Cruising at 25mph. It burn rate is 150 lt per hr. I've seen the fuel management system read 175lt per hr when he gives it. He loves the boat and this his third one in the last 8 years.

Cutwaters are nice boats but are designed as a weekend cruiser and secondly a fishing boat. The boats are way to nice inside to have fishing gear and fish scales all over the place.

I don’t believe in two footitus, I believe in 4-7 footitus but not easy to find a good outboard boat in the 26-29 foot range. The step from 18-25 was a good one for me. If I had a 22 I would want at least a 26 preferably with a beam just under 10 feet. It would feel like a much bigger boat and be potentially trailerable.

To answer your question first check out bareboat charters and boat shares in the US, and join cutwater Facebook group/forum and ask for a ride. I haven’t seen any available or used by a charter here in Canada bareboat or fishing.

I would dig deeper into your long term boating and cruising objectives. Other boats that might fit the bill are the C-dory cruiser 25 and Tomcat. Boston whaler 255 but doesn’t have a locking cabin like the cutwater and the 622? Seasports make some bigger boats but look for the XL long cabin for the stand up head.
The Port Boat House in Port Alberni sells Cutwater boats. Go up there and get them to take you out. if they have one in stock. I've also seen a
Cutwater 24 at the Esq Angler and talked to him and it was a nice rig and he is a local so hopefully he will contact you.

I fish on a friends 30ft Cutwater which is fully loaded with everything under the sun and has twin 300 hp. Cruising at 25mph. It burn rate is 150 lt per hr. I've seen the fuel management system read 175lt per hr when he gives it. He loves the boat and this his third one in the last 8 years.

Cutwaters are nice boats but are designed as a weekend cruiser and secondly a fishing boat. The boats are way to nice inside to have fishing gear and fish scales all over the place.
Guys, OWNERS ONLY!!!

Not an owner but searched the site and found this:

never mind, link is broken but you can read some info if you search it yourself.

Last edited:
We will reach out to PBH for a sea trial.

Not a single owner has contacted me.

Sorry guys, I have a 2020 Cutwater 24 with a 250hp Yamaha power and a 9hp Yamaha kicker. I love this boat. First its Yamaha... nothing breaks and if it does its under warranty for 4 years. Second, its very fishy boat. I fish this boat 12 months a year thanks to the warm cabin and the Webasto diesel heater. I have not had a single thing go wrong with it and I have 280 hours on the main, probably 3000+ on the kicker and I have travelled 4000km in the boat (up to the end of Bute Inlet from Gibsons and back, Toba, Desolation Sound and Princess Louisa Inlet 3 times... hell i even trailered it over twice to Barkley Sound last summer. The boat is the perfect combo of sports fishing and comfort. It sleeps three adults comfortably although in one stormy weekend we had 5 adults sleeping on it as the tents got blown off the beach. I would not hesitate to recommend this boat or the guys at Port Boat House.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 9.56.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 9.56.54 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 183
Sorry guys, I have a 2020 Cutwater 24 with a 250hp Yamaha power and a 9hp Yamaha kicker. I love this boat. First its Yamaha... nothing breaks and if it does its under warranty for 4 years. Second, its very fishy boat. I fish this boat 12 months a year thanks to the warm cabin and the Webasto diesel heater. I have not had a single thing go wrong with it and I have 280 hours on the main, probably 3000+ on the kicker and I have travelled 4000km in the boat (up to the end of Bute Inlet from Gibsons and back, Toba, Desolation Sound and Princess Louisa Inlet 3 times... hell i even trailered it over twice to Barkley Sound last summer. The boat is the perfect combo of sports fishing and comfort. It sleeps three adults comfortably although in one stormy weekend we had 5 adults sleeping on it as the tents got blown off the beach. I would not hesitate to recommend this boat or the guys at Port Boat House.
Looks awesome, good beer too.

Good review. That’s my boat beer as well; the box fits snug on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

Man those are nice conditions, can’t remember a day like that! Love the windows!

That fuel burn is insane

Agree. 0.6 - 0.7 MPG no bueno. My 15000k boat (35ft alum) is a fuel hog but easily gets 1 - 1.2 MPG. I assume the cutwater does better than mine.

My 15000lb boat is half that. Something seems off or he's really plowing.
RC, I'm cruising 32 to 35mph burning 70 lph and yes in a 15,000 pound boat.

A 300hp outboard at 4500rpm burns about 11 to 12 gph or 50 to 55 lph x 2 it should be around 100 lph for 2 engines.
His 150 lph seems way off. Thats 33 gallons an hour.

Back