2301 Seaswirl

By the way I run a 22 foot Seasport, probably one of the first brought up into Canada. (I went to Lopez Island to get it) It is a 1992 and it has 17 full seasons of chartering use. It doesn't look 17 years old with high mileage. The perfect boat? Nope, no such thing. But, I paid $55,000 for it back in 1992 plus the fishing/electronic add ons. I have about $100,000 invested and could still sell it today for $40,000. Lots of pics of it at www.fishingbc1.com/boat.html. Have added new electronics since pics were taken.

The link doesn't work Profisher.
But if you're running the Seasport you've got one of the workhorses of the fleet. Almost used the term Cadillac of the fleet, but the Seasports lack the cocktail cache and some of the stylish extras. But, from when I researched them some years ago, probably one of the best hulls made for our area.

Time..screwed up somehow..www.fishingbc1.com is the website...anyone interested will have to click on the boat pic tab from the menu of the home page.

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

quote:Originally posted by profisher

Sorry but I don't consider Grady's to be all that well built. They are way over rated. A very good hull for offshore rough water, but not put together as well as the price would suggest. I would put them in the upper average in quality of materials and components. They are popular because there is so much used inventory down south that they can be brought up here cheap. You don't see many guys buying new ones for full pop.

You joking right... what would you consider top of the line then? There built like tanks and there fit and finish is unsurpassed (unsurpassed = there are other boats like regulator, carolina custom, contender, buddy davis, pursuit, etc) that have a similar finish. Have you ever owned or been on one? My best friend bought a brand new jenkins marina boat (sea sport knock off) for 120k two years ago, and my 89 grady puts its fit and finish to shame already - both in quality and functionality.
Best bang for your buck? NO - its like buying a mercedes or bmw - a honda does the same thing but your paying a premium for the name.

Nice post, Gradys are number 1, my youngest boys name is Grady:D

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

It is mine.

H.L I have the same set up and its the perfect size easy to trailer and still good for a weekend away. noticed that my 225 puffs out a little soot onto the water when first start after sitting for few days anyone know if thats normal. thks.

Dandy set up. If I was to pick a fibre glass boat that would be the set up. The one thing that turned me away from the others such as Grady-White was that you had to be a contortionist to go to the sleeping and washroom area. With my arthritis those styles did not suit me. Your rig was designed by a fisherman for a fisherman {or gal}:D

IMG_1445.jpg

The boat has stood up well for me, 17 years hard use. I like the cabin as well Gunsmith, when it rains or blows (cold) you are fully protected. I sleep on the boat when I'm running trips up in Nootka. My guests sleep in the lodge, but I'm more comfortable sleeping onboard. Having a table, inside seating, big windows to look out etc, is like having a floating camper. The boat can be locked up tight.

When you have a good boat it becomes part of you and hate to leave it.[8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

Well the sleeping arrangements for the staff and guides at the lodge are not the Marriot. Down below deck, stuffy, little privacy, lots of snoring and I'm sure sharing night time gas...lol I prefer the comfort of the boat, my own tunes and lights out on my schedule.

I hear ya,lol.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Back