23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Actually looks really good! Has that old school look. Still a sail though...

Thank you buddy, appreciate you keeping the flaming to a min :) haha There is so much storage under it, i bet you could put an air mattress up there ;)

I like it! If I didn't have such a nice 23, I'd be talking to you about that bomb-proof 26 of yours.

... we can still talk :) anytime! Thank you sir

Yes you have a nice boat there, I would hang onto for sure...

Thank you buddy, appreciate you keeping the flaming to a min :) haha There is so much storage under it, i bet you could put an air mattress up there ;)
Oh I’m sure it would come in handy in some cases, but where I fish and the weather we deal with that’s the last place a person wants to be 90% of the time lol

Is there anyone driving from the Island to Alberta in the near future by chance, I think I have a line on a pod that has the same angles and width that would be a very close fit...? pls let me know, thx you

I think it's safe to say, I think i am on my last 5gal of resin and 5gal of gel. FINALLY!

Seems like you are going to continue on the Hourston ? Definitely better to complete to sell. Unfortunately your getting to the part of the rebuild that gets expensive. 2020 boating is nearly done. Plan on a 2021 launch. Watch for deals and you will be done over the winter Looks great

Seems like you are going to continue on the Hourston ? Definitely better to complete to sell. Unfortunately your getting to the part of the rebuild that gets expensive. 2020 boating is nearly done. Plan on a 2021 launch. Watch for deals and you will be done over the winter Looks great

Yes sir, I hope to have it ready to watch the Canada Day - July 1st fire works either in Vancouver or Victoria harbour, sea trials prior to so shooting for June 1st completion or very close to it.

The last several months have defiantly been a roller coaster of challenges both personal and financial...! I just landed a 14 week project (Lululemon) in Calgary so have got to try and play catch up on $bank$

The leaves are starting to turn so it's almost time to put her to bed for winter, I would say I have maybe 3 more weeks to do some gel and resin. Had a good run on this boat since Dec 21st, allot has been done!

Last edited:
Glad to hear things are turning around for you Robert. Hope you can see this project through.

I still have allot of touch-ups, caulking and finessing to do... I just wanted to concentrate on the big stuff and getting it buttoned up!

Also, I am going to bring the boat to the scales and get her weighed soon.

Last edited:
Yes sir, I hope to have it ready to watch the Canada Day - July 1st fire works either in Vancouver or Victoria harbour, sea trials prior to so shooting for June 1st completion or very close to it.

The last several months have defiantly been a roller coaster of challenges both personal and financial...! I just landed a 14 week project (Lululemon) in Calgary so have got to try and play catch up on $bank$

The leaves are starting to turn so it's almost time to put her to bed for winter, I would say I have maybe 3 more weeks to do some gel and resin. Had a good run on this boat since Dec 21st, allot has been done!
Sounds like the prayers may have worked

Damn, Robert, I should have jumped before you changed your mind!

Hey Robert
So Sylvan or Gull lake?
And you're going to need a boat..
Your new profile pic, you are way beyond diy.

Im still just a simple man in many ways, just ask my wife and she will confirm it, haha :)

Hey, I am looking for the transom angle of a 1994 Bayliner Discovery, I emailed Bayliner to confirm but have not received a reply... I have a line on a pod that was removed from this boat and looks like it will fit with minor mods. Thank you guys!

Just starting to get the cabin all cleaned up before winter :) I cant find white gelcoat on the mainland or Alberta anywheres so gots to wait for China to produce more i guess...

IMG_1001.jpeg IMG_0999.jpeg IMG_1002.jpeg

Back