Status
Not open for further replies.
Coho were a blast on the low slack today-between the red and green can in front around 190 feet. Jigging a 200 gm shimano butterfly in silver and glow. Springs were scarce-maybe the trollers got some but I didn't touch one in over 20 hook-ups.

Just curious about the shakedown. Are you commercial or rec? I guess they just do standard exams to see everything is being done properly? (Safety gear/obvious fish limits etc?)
They did the fisheries stuff first, then the DFO officer, with the aid of a checklist did the Transport Canada safety equipment inspection. There was a TC officer, supervising the inspection. He’s the one who gave me the sticker. Which I can show to any peace officer inspecting safety equipment.
I’m a rec guy. So no other stuff needed. I’m sure if a person was commercial, you’d have to show your competency for that. Like SVOP, etc..

Edit. They also asked for our PCOC and vessel license document.

Last edited:
Coho were a blast on the low slack today-between the red and green can in front around 190 feet. Jigging a 200 gm shimano butterfly in silver and glow. Springs were scarce-maybe the trollers got some but I didn't touch one in over 20 hook-ups.
hey Mike: we managed to jig two smaller springs and four coho today. The one coho i caught dwarfed the springs if that gives you any indication. also interesting is the other three coho were hatchery. i had one battle with a coho and at least seven or eight coho came all the way to the boat with him! naturally he shook off at the boat. this was all at the green can

hey Mike: we managed to jig two smaller springs and four coho today. The one coho i caught dwarfed the springs if that gives you any indication. also interesting is the other three coho were hatchery. i had one battle with a coho and at least seven or eight coho came all the way to the boat with him! naturally he shook off at the boat. this was all at the green can
The coho are getting to be a nice size-helps we can keep 1 wild--now if they would stay around for a week or so-got a friend on board tomorrow so going to have to troll off Kitty- not expecting a lot--well down in the mud I guess with artificial strip

Can someone give me a fishing report for the Green Can/Franscisco Point area? Planning to go there on Friday and would like to know if the fish and bait are still there or have moved on. Thanks.

i was there sunday with friends and we got six coho and one chinook. i’m wondering if the past couple days of rains will move some of them out.

Just read through 3 pages of the Campbell river reports here and was surprised not to see a single report from discovery passage. Did anyone put any time up there this summer?

Just read through 3 pages of the Campbell river reports here and was surprised not to see a single report from discovery passage. Did anyone put any time up there this summer?
I was up there a couple times during August, lots of jumpers but not much willing to connect. The south end of quadra, the lighthouse, fingers, hump, etc. were all so good it was hard to go somewhere else! Gonna make an effort to get up that way and out of kelsey bay more next year.

I was up there a couple times during August, lots of jumpers but not much willing to connect. The south end of quadra, the lighthouse, fingers, hump, etc. were all so good it was hard to go somewhere else! Gonna make an effort to get up that way and out of kelsey bay more next year.
x2. plus add the coast of fuel, there was no reason to go poke around up there.

took two old timers out tonight and we harvested 9 fish tonight jigging in just over an hour. fishing is still very good but i suspect this coming weekends storm will move some fish out
What was your species spread like? The hump was more difficult than it has been previously, spent all of 15 minutes at the green can for coho though.

What was your species spread like? The hump was more difficult than it has been previously, spent all of 15 minutes at the green can for coho though.
I had trouble with the tides on thurs at the hump-got it wrong--again-lots of movement on what I thought was a quiet mid tide hung in there-lots of undersized and then a very decent spring-truly nice mid morning. Thanks to the gulls for all the help and a 200gm shimano flat fall

I had trouble with the tides on thurs at the hump-got it wrong--again-lots of movement on what I thought was a quiet mid tide hung in there-lots of undersized and then a very decent spring-truly nice mid morning. Thanks to the gulls for all the help and a 200gm shimano flat fall
I had a good sized spring come off at the boat on the rise, then nothing so I left and came back later on. Insane action right on the pinnacle, about 7 fish in 15 minutes half undersized and the rest popped off at the boat. Definitely got humbled!

my youngest was sick today so we went fishing.
( father of the year )
he got two springs around 8 or 9 pounds each. first one on his very first drop; jig went slack and he set the hook like a champ.
second one about an hour later. solid feed south of the green can. coho seemed to have moved on… or thinned out at the very least…talked to another guy at the ramp and he didn’t touch any coho either

my youngest was sick today so we went fishing.
( father of the year )
he got two springs around 8 or 9 pounds each. first one on his very first drop; jig went slack and he set the hook like a champ.
second one about an hour later. solid feed south of the green can. coho seemed to have moved on… or thinned out at the very least…talked to another guy at the ramp and he didn’t touch any coho either
One of the most memorable days in my life was getting pulled out of school to go fishing on a family friends boat, way more worthwhile imo.

How long were you out for? Was hoping to get out this morning but got tied up with other commitments... Meant to say before, nice chatting with you the other day!

One of the most memorable days in my life was getting pulled out of school to go fishing on a family friends boat, way more worthwhile imo.

How long were you out for? Was hoping to get out this morning but got tied up with other commitments... Meant to say before, nice chatting with you the other day!
i was out for about three hours or so. i say go for it. i also lost a couple of fish. send the jig to the bottom of the bait; that’s where we got all the hookups. that boat of yours is so awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back