Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also at Francisco Monday early afternoon fishing 6" Tomic plug. Started off hot with 1 coho every 15 mins then slowed to 1 every hour or so on one rod/downrigger. No chinook, but I was fishing shallow at about 25'-65'. Wild outnumbered hatchery about 3:1.

Still hot everywhere as far as I can tell. Worked through the dogfish while drifting and was rewarded with a halibut, cod, and salmon.

2 Ho's and a spring by 830a. Fish seem way less feisty, springs were super subtle hits, had to pick up the rod to feel it and make sure there was a fish there.

Headed out today from 8-3pm. Started at the hump and trolled toward the lighthouse. Boxed 2 springs at 248 on the rigger. Motored over to green can for the flood. Ended up with 2 coho in close to green can at 80 feet. Tried jigging at Francisco, lots of bait. No luck there…

Headed out today from 8-3pm. Started at the hump and trolled toward the lighthouse. Boxed 2 springs at 248 on the rigger. Motored over to green can for the flood. Ended up with 2 coho in close to green can at 80 feet. Tried jigging at Francisco, lots of bait. No luck there…
Couple coho at the green can as well, both hit when reeling in plugs. Plugs must have been moving at 7-8 knots, stomachs empty for both of em.

fished Fransisco/Dogfish Bay yesterday from 3:30 to 7pm. stayed in shallow water, 40-50 feet deep. Riggers at 30 feet. Lots of bait. Kept 3 coho, released 5 others. Non stop shakers on hootchies until I switched to a plug and a 5" spoon. Lots of fun.

Coho was still good off the beach at Quadra Monday. Will try again Friday.

Does anyone recall the name of the book that went with the Salmon fishing classes that were in CR in the 80's?

Fished from 12-5 yesterday. Trolled from red can to green, out deep. Released 2-65cm springs. Then switched to the shallows for coho. Lots of bait and a humpback show. Boxed 2 coho. Was trolling over to Francisco, over the shallows, and was boarded by the DFO/Transport Canada. They were doing a joint operation. Perfect flat calm day for that. Passed both exams, and received a 2023 inspection sticker. Good to see them out and very polite and easy to deal with. Lots of bait just north of Francisco and missed a bunch of bites. Released one more just keeper spring. That’s a wrap for me. Time to start the winter maintenance, to get her ready for winter springs.

Fished from 12-5 yesterday. Trolled from red can to green, out deep. Released 2-65cm springs. Then switched to the shallows for coho. Lots of bait and a humpback show. Boxed 2 coho. Was trolling over to Francisco, over the shallows, and was boarded by the DFO/Transport Canada. They were doing a joint operation. Perfect flat calm day for that. Passed both exams, and received a 2023 inspection sticker. Good to see them out and very polite and easy to deal with. Lots of bait just north of Francisco and missed a bunch of bites. Released one more just keeper spring. That’s a wrap for me. Time to start the winter maintenance, to get her ready for winter springs.
Just curious about the shakedown. Are you commercial or rec? I guess they just do standard exams to see everything is being done properly? (Safety gear/obvious fish limits etc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back