Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this off wilby? We are just pulling up from Vancouver . About to start fishing , going to do some troll tacks and look for bait , will jig if can find the bait
Was this off wilby? We are just pulling up from Vancouver . About to start fishing , going to do some troll tacks and look for bait , will jig if can find the bait
Yes I was off wilby this morning. Tons of boats and bait. I was with a young non fisherman who was overly enthusiastic so jigging was not a choice. Single rigger was the prudent choice. Might have been tough to jig lots of drift ,tons of boats and the bait was very deep

Last edited:
Hey Adanac
This is the tack for the green can just stay on the edge drop off pick your depth usually 240-260 and 180-220 feet of cable. When trolling south the current/tide will push you up onto the shoal. I point my bow at mitlenatch island which helps with that issue. You can also troll west in front of W shoal which can be good also. You will see the boats.
Thanks for all the reply fellas , out here now fishing that tack . 4 wild coho and one slot Chinook so far , fishing plugs at 185’ and 220’ .

Will be fishing the Campbell river area for the next few days and wondering if anyone knows where to get salt ice in the comox/ courtenay area. Salish seafoods is apparently closed, thanks in advance

View attachment 94890Found this 118 cm hali amongst all the coho and Chinook. Some of the best jigging I’ve ever seen anywhere . Baits all stacked in 160’, non stop action mostly Chinook now . Metallic green flatfall jigs
Wow… a halibut off of Wilby Shoal… would you believe it but we caught one the same day last week. Not as large as that one (maybe 10 Lb), but still lots of great eating fillets!

Interestingly, we also did well on that green/silver butterfly jigs.

There was some incredible jigging action for large Chinook at Kitty Coleman last week. Our group caught multiple fish over 30 and up to 40lb. Two tyees in less than 20 min at one point.

Wow… a halibut off of Wilby Shoal… would you believe it but we caught one the same day last week. Not as large as that one (maybe 10 Lb), but still lots of great eating fillets!

Interestingly, we also did well on that green/silver butterfly jigs.

There was some incredible jigging action for large Chinook at Kitty Coleman last week. Our group caught multiple fish over 30 and up to 40lb. Two tyees in less than 20 min at one point.
have you been finding bait over at Wilby/ green can? i’ve been staying closer to lighthouse hump drift and am not seeing much for baitfish

have you been finding bait over at Wilby/ green can? i’ve been staying closer to lighthouse hump drift and am not seeing much for baitfish
Intel from last week… we fished Wilby a bit and found bait but had a hard time finding Chinook. As a result we focussed on Kitty Coleman. We did catch a bunch of ling cod and that halibut at Wilby though, which was a very welcome surprise.

Early and alone-beautiful morning -lots of trollers-couple of jiggers-epic morning-bait was around the edges of Wilby-6 to the boat one was way over slot-not even close. 160 and 200 gm flat falls silver and glow bands and a green hologram. Ling was 200 ft of water.

Attachments

• DSC01556.JPG
    DSC01556.JPG
    578.4 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back