Status
Not open for further replies.
We fished the afternoon tides yesterday at the red can and it was lights out fishing for us from about 1 to 5. Tons of bait held there for what seemed like forever. Got pretty lumpy so we moved around cape and same thing, lots of bait and couldn’t keep them off. Got our limit, and the kids prematurely released a few before we got them close enough to see what they were. 50/50 wild and hatchery coho but only a few springs and on the smaller side and one came up half eaten that was my son’s favourite catch of the day ha ha.

No bananas at 200 feet was the winner. The other Downrigger digital counter stopped working so played that side safe and I guessed we fished it about 150 feet with a swift sure and did almost as well

Got up at 0- dark 30 -- wished I hadn't--cold and rough. Jigged at the hump -no bait -nada-decided to look at red can-nada. not nice for a 17 CC so got in close to quadra and went over to the green can side--a little calmer but no bait- jigged dogs, 3 yellow eye-- Baro released-makes 8 in 3 trips-thought they were scarce LOL I can take a hint put down the trolling gear to 220 and managed 5 hits 3 boat side releases of decent Springs. The last released spring was out of some marks I saw on the bottom at 205. Dropped a 200 gm shimano down and just buried my little Carbon fibre jigging rod. All's well that ends well- Nice 25LB? ling Where has all the bait gone?? Best for me this year!!
monday i was on the hump jigging in bait a mile long. caught and released about a 13-14 lb spring on my new jigging pole. you’re right. what a blast. buddy of mine said the shallows were loaded as well. i started off right on the green can but there was no bait and so much salad i buggered off

Coming through town today on our way to Hardy . Never fished this area before but would love to stop and do some jigging for salmon on the way up . Anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
Coming through town today on our way to Hardy . Never fished this area before but would love to stop and do some jigging for salmon on the way up . Anyone point me in the right direction?
go to the green can marker and look for the bait. jig on top of the bait pile or under for lings

Crazy action this afternoon - looking for a decent spring but cohos were hammering the plugs at all depths. The 3 we could keep were stuffed with medium sized herring.

Had a young kid from Scotland out this morning-coho after coho-some hatch-he was thrilled I was frustrated-put down a 602 plug to 260 ft and within 20 min 2 hi slot Springs-I even got to bring one in--seems Scots arms aren't what they used to be!!LOL
Was this off wilby? We are just pulling up from Vancouver . About to start fishing , going to do some troll tacks and look for bait , will jig if can find the bait

Was this off wilby? We are just pulling up from Vancouver . About to start fishing , going to do some troll tacks and look for bait , will jig if can find the bait
Hey Adanac
This is the tack for the green can just stay on the edge drop off pick your depth usually 240-260 and 180-220 feet of cable. When trolling south the current/tide will push you up onto the shoal. I point my bow at mitlenatch island which helps with that issue. You can also troll west in front of W shoal which can be good also. You will see the boats.

Attachments

• IMG_0856.png
    IMG_0856.png
    736.2 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back