Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumped the traps today between Francisco and the Green...then discovered there was a commercial set there. When we pulled, got caught up on it...had to wait until he pulled to get my traps back.
That’s it for that area for this year...he did re-set in the same place.
He also had a set off Dogfish Bay.
Did manage to jig up two nice ling cod at the Hump on slack tide.

Dumped the traps today between Francisco and the Green...then discovered there was a commercial set there. When we pulled, got caught up on it...had to wait until he pulled to get my traps back.
That’s it for that area for this year...he did re-set in the same place.
He also had a set off Dogfish Bay.
Did manage to jig up two nice ling cod at the Hump on slack tide.
Been a decent producer on the slack-especially if you find bait.

Ripped out to Toba yesterday. Fished Channel island and the beach across. Got our limit of 3, they were 16, 13, 12lbs. Lots of hits, couple screamers lost and fair amount of bait around. Donated a cannon ball for artificial reef. Herring aid Wee Gee was the ticket and green hootchie was ok. Almost all the action was 90-120ft.

We were at Channel Island on Saturday and got our limit 4. 3 fish were 12=13 lbs and 1 was about 17. We had about 3 other bites so overall a great day. All fish were caught about 200 feet and on hoochies.
Were you seeing much for bait?

Great day around CR and the hump caught lots of ling but couldn't get a legal one. Tried the hump at the low slack and got 2 x 12-15 lb springs. Very quickly. Left and went tried elsewhere because it was obvious all I would hit were Springs. Great day-enjoying the sunshine and there is a 20 dollar bill floating by-I have seen it once in a video and couldn't believe it happened to me. Is it possible some guys are jokingly throwing 20 into the water for the fish gods?? I can't figure any other scenario. Caught tons of fish but got to keep nothing. Still a very nice day

At the hump, lots of bait and Chinook around 150’ white hoochie and flasher, no sign of coho, guessing too early.

Great day around CR and the hump caught lots of ling but couldn't get a legal one. Tried the hump at the low slack and got 2 x 12-15 lb springs. Very quickly. Left and went tried elsewhere because it was obvious all I would hit were Springs. Great day-enjoying the sunshine and there is a 20 dollar bill floating by-I have seen it once in a video and couldn't believe it happened to me. Is it possible some guys are jokingly throwing 20 into the water for the fish gods?? I can't figure any other scenario. Caught tons of fish but got to keep nothing. Still a very nice day
Ya got to keep $20 though didn't ya??? Lol

Ya got to keep $20 though didn't ya??? Lol
Out today at the hump-arrived a little late in the tide-still lots of bait around-really had a short window for jigging-got a legal ling and a salmon that may have been slightly over 80-little disappointed there were no 20$ bills floating today. Beautiful day-still learning these tides-man they get fast quick and even an 8 oz jig is flying even with a spirited back troll.

Out today at the hump-arrived a little late in the tide-still lots of bait around-really had a short window for jigging-got a legal ling and a salmon that may have been slightly over 80-little disappointed there were no 20$ bills floating today. Beautiful day-still learning these tides-man they get fast quick and even an 8 oz jig is flying even with a spirited back troll.
The moon phase has a bit to do with it

Which moon phase brings out the $20 bills?
I might try the action this weekend.
I am not having much luck in the repeat of the 20 scenario-perhaps it occurs with changeover day at the local resorts! I was really hoping to finance my gas bill this summer with those gifts to the fish Gods!! I was even willing to cast my Benediction over the waters to help out! LOL

Tried to correct my errors on the tide read yesterday--got to the hump well before slack-lots of bait and marks in the column. Hard work-moved around quite a bit. Lots of drift Got 4 ling all just under-then moved over to the lighthouse area-good take -no cigar a very large dogfish-worked hard back trolling and working a 200 gm jig . Line went slack on the drop-good fight and release on a spirited 70cm? My fishing partner did not bring a lunch so there was a heated discussion about the meaning of "partner" He has much bigger teeth than me so sharing was in order. I have this feeling that trolling might have been more productive today and certainly much less work

Attachments

• DSC01548.JPG
    DSC01548.JPG
    506.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC01549.JPG
    DSC01549.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Tried to correct my errors on the tide read yesterday--got to the hump well before slack-lots of bait and marks in the column. Hard work-moved around quite a bit. Lots of drift Got 4 ling all just under-then moved over to the lighthouse area-good take -no cigar a very large dogfish-worked hard back trolling and working a 200 gm jig . Line went slack on the drop-good fight and release on a spirited 70cm? My fishing partner did not bring a lunch so there was a heated discussion about the meaning of "partner" He has much bigger teeth than me so sharing was in order. I have this feeling that trolling might have been more productive today and certainly much less work

What a rig. I’m a sucker for open centre consoles.

The first Mate looks happy in the bow

Were springs open for you guys until Jun 1?
Not open for us until probably 15th July-I usually catch them because I'm jigging bait balls looking for ling-trying to move away from the heavy salmon spots but salmon are suckers for a good bait ball. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back