2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning was still mackerel mania, with multiple triples, BUT we did scratch out 2 springs and a coho. You are correct, the mackerel were choked with bait and the salmon had nothing inside.

Back to mackerel mania this morning. Fished Effingham through Swale. Many doubles and triples of mackerel but could not find a salmon. Never saw another boat. That’s the end of my salmon season. ☹

And yes - confirmed - these things eat ridiculous amounts of bait.

Attachments

• IMG_1636.jpeg
    IMG_1636.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 205
I’ve had a disastrous summer due to work, family and injury. Missed most fishing opportunities and only spent a couple of nights on the hook. I’m gonna spend some very late season cruising out in the islands. Are there any bottom fish out there or prawning areas? I’ve never gone out this late before.

I’ve had a disastrous summer due to work, family and injury. Missed most fishing opportunities and only spent a couple of nights on the hook. I’m gonna spend some very late season cruising out in the islands. Are there any bottom fish out there or prawning areas? I’ve never gone out this late before.
prawning has been decent, bottomfish are around of course, most of the ling hills have been picked off. the lings stay deep for another month.

Anyone found a few coho in Barkley the last couple days?
How do you fish Barkley for Coho? What do you do differently? Out in the middle of the Imperial Channel or still at the usual spots? Shallow, deep? What weeks are best for coho in Barkley Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back