2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is the loggers derby going? size matters. my buddies are only getting microfeesh.
Same. Been fishing bamfield wall and only getting dinks. They're hitting everything too, sized up with same spoons and still dink. Going to try some different stuff tomorrow (bait).

I'm booked to stay in Bamfield the last 4 days in June.Anybody know the retention number and size restrictions if any? DFO website takes way too long to interpret.

I'm booked to stay in Bamfield the last 4 days in June.Anybody know the retention number and size restrictions if any? DFO website takes way too long to interpret.
For what sp? Chinook will likely be 2/d 4/p 45cm min. Coho tbd. Gotta keep the eye on dfo area 23 and/or subscribe to rec fishing updates on the feed. I feel like the FishBC app is usually syncd up with the dfo website and equally uninformative. In the absence of species specific regs (i.e. there's currently no coho reg in area 23) you're to follow the coastwide limit. Confusing I know...

Great weekend in bamfield for me and the family of 4. Better than expected weather was the highlight. Found keeper and salmon bites at swale and bamfield harbour entrance/wall/Brady’s area. On bottom with glow spoons.

Got out for Hali, only spent an hour and a half on anchor before the wind told us enough was enough. One nice halibut for our trouble anyway.

do it anyways and report back. no pelicans in bamfield allowed.

Anyone been out, or planning to this weekend? My wife just booked two weeks in Crystal Cove Tofino starting next week and I'm thinking about dragging the boat up and doing a solo trip to the broken group and maybe visit a couple of friends at Bamfield for a day trip.

Thanks
Weather been fairly ugly over the last while, fishing been half decent. Check the weather (+ swell) report for this weekend…..more ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back