2022 Winter Harbour Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the plant called that sells flaked ice in Qualicum? Is there anything in Courtenay? Heading up nect week, will post report. Thanks!
Qualicum river resort in winter harbour normally has flaked ice. Not sure about courtenay but we normally stop in Campbell river or Hardy buoys in port hardy.

Qualicum river resort in winter harbour normally has flaked ice. Not sure about courtenay but we normally stop in Campbell river or Hardy buoys in port hardy.
Just got back from 6 days in Winter harbour. No ice at Qualicum River. Better bring your own from Hardy or Campbell river

Cove Fish in Hardy sells flake ice also, it’s down on the water beside the Glen Lyon hotel

Piles of room for boat and truck, they fork lift a tote of ice up beside the boat and you can shovel l in as much as you want.

Brian or Tony are they guys to speak to there

Cheers

Cove Fish in Hardy sells flake ice also, it’s down on the water beside the Glen Lyon hotel

Piles of room for boat and truck, they fork lift a tote of ice up beside the boat and you can shovel l in as much as you want.

Brian or Tony are they guys to speak to there

Cheers
Hey Wade, any idea their hours?

My wife and I will be heading to the Outpost on the 9th for a few days. First time to WH. Will be trying for salmon and hopefully some bottom fishing if the weather cooperates for our 17' boat. Any suggestion much appreciated. We're going to try trailering right to the Outpost so hopefully the roads are ok.

I'll be sure to post results when I get back.

My wife and I will be heading to the Outpost on the 9th for a few days. First time to WH. Will be trying for salmon and hopefully some bottom fishing if the weather cooperates for our 17' boat. Any suggestion much appreciated. We're going to try trailering right to the Outpost so hopefully the roads are ok.

I'll be sure to post results when I get back.
Go slow, bring spares. Closest hotspot is the lighthouse, all others listed in previous posts will get you fish.

Just about time for my trip too. On the water 9, 10, 11. Tight lines to all, pics be coming.

Thanks for the info, I will post our results when I get back.
Greatly appreciated.
Spent June 18 to 26 in winter harbor 8 of us on two boats, double limits on Springs (up to 23 lbs) 25 Coho up to 8Lbs, double limit on lings average 20lbs some at 40+lbs some at 10lbs. No halibut, very active fishing the first 3 days then slow the rest of the trip but productive. Slim G's, white Hochies for drakes between the pinnacles. Great trip a lot of wind but still places to fish.

Spent June 18 to 26 in winter harbor 8 of us on two boats, double limits on Springs (up to 23 lbs) 25 Coho up to 8Lbs, double limit on lings average 20lbs some at 40+lbs some at 10lbs. No halibut, very active fishing the first 3 days then slow the rest of the trip but productive. Slim G's, white Hochies for drakes between the pinnacles. Great trip a lot of wind but still places to fish.
Where did you fish? Heading up Monday. Hoping for similar results but want to find some halibut too. Staying at the outpost till Friday.

Pretty scratchy the last few days for Chinook. Fish kinda scattered. Never felt like there was ever a spot to be like previous years. Feed is super small. Skinny g for us, or coho killers. Lighthouse is probably the place to go. Nice coho inside around Cliff.

I would say there’s some fish around. And should be starting or come down the west side pretty steady now.

Oli’s posted this today lol, that’s a full dock of fish.

Attachments

• E2D7C159-32CC-483C-A313-6AE899DEF851.jpeg
    E2D7C159-32CC-483C-A313-6AE899DEF851.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 311
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back