2024 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Fished today at the derby!

Launched the boat around 7:30 and ran to Epsom, where 20 or so boats were working. Slight chop here and there but very nice out there if you could mind the rain.

I had the usuals down on each side and was working the deeper hole on the inside of the shoal. Took a bit, but an hour in the rod bucked and a fish was on. The battle was good and after a failed net job by my dad he finally scooped up a 67cm chinook.

Kept working the area with the other boats and we had two more shakers on. All the fish on the same spoon and flasher combo, Pickeld Herring by Rite Angle and Green glow flasher @ 69’ 180-300’ of water.

I didn’t see any net action from any other boats at Epsom so we picked up around 11am and ran to Francis Pt and trolled to Pearson island. Not a sniff.

The rain kept coming down and we decided to head in and check our fish in at Coopers Green.

We were greeted by the organizer, Travis and the gang and he was happy to see the first fish weighed in at 7.0lbs!

It was a great day with my dad out on the water. Thanks to all who ran the derby and who participated! There was some drama by the natives about the event and I’m glad it went on!

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpeg
    IMG_2823.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 63
Fished up by Quarry Bay Fri, Sat evening, Sunday morning.
All undersized. No more than 2 per outing of a couple hrs each time, but consistent at least. Couldn't find a keeper

Not much bait. But when we found it usually found fish. 140 - 220 was where all the action was, nothing shallow.

If the same rules apply over the past recent years, after july 14. Or shoot into Jervis and bonk a hatchery chinook now...

Back