Status
Not open for further replies.
on the hook from 10:45-12pm Saturday picked up a nice little chicken from Constance trolled around afterwards hooked into a few feeder springs 5-8lbs and some wild/hatch coho mixed in.

Attachments

• 804FBD7C-22F0-41DE-8308-63310244A250.jpeg
    804FBD7C-22F0-41DE-8308-63310244A250.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 76
Had a buddy fish the waterfront Sunday and Monday for an few hours with not a single bite.

I on the other had went to sooke yesterday with a buddy and brought back 4 coho

Seems like waterfront is spotty for fish

Had a buddy fish the waterfront Sunday and Monday for an few hours with not a single bite.

I fished the Victoria waterfront yesterday from 8-12 not a single hit. Picked up a couple of shakers , but nothing else. Saw a few other boats out but didn’t see anyone catch anything.

I fished the Victoria waterfront yesterday from 8-12 not a single hit. Picked up a couple of shakers , but nothing else. Saw a few other boats out but didn’t see anyone catch anything.

Where and how did you fish? I know several boats off Becher Bay had nothing or a few shakers yesterday.

Where and how did you fish? I know several boats off Becher Bay had nothing or a few shakers yesterday.
Fished from Trial Island to Royal Roads Anchorage in 120’ to @240’ 45-80’ on the downrigger . Marked fish but no takers. Used spoons and hootchies, no bait yesterday.

Fished Tuesday off the waterfront. Had a buddy and his father inlaw out for a spectacular weather day. Launch at 8 had a couple hits around 10 then a double header around 12:30 in the cruise ship wake at a tide line. Bit of a gong show & should’ve lost both but the fish gods put ‘em in the tub. A few more shakers and a 43cm spring (so close between us we had 25 Chinook avail on our licenses lol ) then at 4pm off Mcaulay the best fight of the day and a hatch to boot. Nobody wanted to deal with traffic so we fished until 530. Was a great summer day with slow fishing conditions for sure. Bobs kitchen table Purple haze needle hootchie 27” leader got 2 of 3. Bait & herring aid spoons were getting hits but all smalls.

Attachments

• E909085F-BF91-49D9-BE3D-788F488258D4.jpeg
    E909085F-BF91-49D9-BE3D-788F488258D4.jpeg
    475.1 KB · Views: 98
Fished Tuesday off the waterfront. Had a buddy and his father inlaw out for a spectacular weather day. Launch at 8 had a couple hits around 10 then a double header around 12:30 in the cruise ship wake at a tide line. Bit of a gong show & should’ve lost both but the fish gods put ‘em in the tub. A few more shakers and a 43cm spring (so close between us we had 25 Chinook avail on our licenses lol ) then at 4pm off Mcaulay the best fight of the day and a hatch to boot. Nobody wanted to deal with traffic so we fished until 530. Was a great summer day with slow fishing conditions for sure. Bobs kitchen table Purple haze needle hootchie 27” leader got 2 of 3. Bait & herring aid spoons were getting hits but all smalls.
Donny straight grinding’ out there!

Couldn’t find a mate today so went out solo for a few hours this aft 2-5 kinda like a Stizzla shift. Had 2 hits and one in the tub. Couldn’t believe the size of the fish in its gut. This gal took the bait and the hootchie got skunked. Another amazing day to be on the water.

Attachments

• FD73D761-EAD7-4A80-BB66-E6A7A3FB7150.jpeg
    FD73D761-EAD7-4A80-BB66-E6A7A3FB7150.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 132
  • FCD5721D-4C8D-45E8-9FEF-60491042BA5E.jpeg
    FCD5721D-4C8D-45E8-9FEF-60491042BA5E.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 133
Couldn’t find a mate today so went out solo for a few hours this aft 2-5 kinda like a Stizzla shift. Had 2 hits and one in the tub. Couldn’t believe the size of the fish in its gut. This gal took the bait and the hootchie got skunked. Another amazing day to be on the water.
That’s great, I’m heading out in the morning, we’re you out a ways in deeper water

I was out solo too.Ran to Oak Bay,flats was full of bait,but no fish for me.Trolled with the ebb tide all the way back to breakwater,1 wild and 2 missed.
Why didn’t you keep the wild?

Took my old man’s boat out today trolled from trial to water front had some marks at waterfront no takers trolled back got a 4 lbs hatchery coho I shook at clover 44’ in 90’ of water beauty day out there

I was on the water from 7-12:30 fishing McCauley to breakwater then out to the ball ups and tide line. It was a perfect day with lots of bait everywhere, hardly any boats and calm water. The only hit we had was the rod popped off the rigger and was slack when I tried reeling it in. I couldn't understand what was happening at first, then I saw the seal behind the boat with my fish and flasher. It wasn't huge but it still stung a little. Crabs were all too small or female.

Tried a little halibut fishing at the MudHole but no luck. Interesting though shortly after noon l heard a pilot on a deep sea come up on 16 and say “whoever is on that Grady White that cut across a container ships bow off Trial Island, you’re lucky to be alive”.

Tried a little halibut fishing at the MudHole but no luck. Interesting though shortly after noon l heard a pilot on a deep sea come up on 16 and say “whoever is on that Grady White that cut across a container ships bow off Trial Island, you’re lucky to be alive”.
Out on Wed. on OB Flats. Fished for 3 hours and was rewarded at the last minute with a 6lb wild spring salmon. By last minute, I intended to pull up as it hit and head for home. Lost one early one but otherwise not much action and no company until 10:30 am.

Unexpected fishing opportunity got me out off Oak Bay this afternoon. Started at the flats and probed out into the shipping lanes to see if there were any coho around. Nothing. Hit the Gap area late afternoon for the top of the flood and start of the ebb. 3 Springs, all pretty small, 5lb max. Just off the bottom, needle fish spoon.
Two crab traps loaded with smalls and females but happy with two hard, jumbo keepers.

Unexpected fishing opportunity got me out off Oak Bay this afternoon. Started at the flats and probed out into the shipping lanes to see if there were any coho around. Nothing. Hit the Gap area late afternoon for the top of the flood and start of the ebb. 3 Springs, all pretty small, 5lb max. Just off the bottom, needle fish spoon.
Two crab traps loaded with smalls and females but happy with two hard, jumbo keepers.
I had a similiar experience sunday am. Hooked a nice 6 lb hatchery spring after 1 hour of fishing on the OB flats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back