Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fishing report but my buddy lost a couple of unweighted traps out at esquimalt lagoon. Red/white float with Lonnie and 250 number pretty faded. Likely in Neah bay by now but could be near pedder bay or race rocks hung up. Yes, I weight my traps. He kayak fishes and has for years with them without weight so wasn’t worried. Thanks for any leads.

I saw a red and white float, a newer one, tangled in a kelp island a few days ago right off Macaulay point in pretty tight to shore. I was going to pull it when I went back to the launch but forgot.
Could be anywhere now I reckon, unless somebody else pulled it.

I’ve pulled a few before tangled in the kelp outside Esquimalt anglers, like 5 or 6, not one ever had contact info on the float.

I saw a red and white float, a newer one, tangled in a kelp island a few days ago right off Macaulay point in pretty tight to shore. I was going to pull it when I went back to the launch but forgot.

I’ve pulled a few before tangled in the kelp outside Esquimalt anglers, like 5 or 6, not one ever had contact info on the float.
No contact info and it is yours.

Super appreciate it. He's taking off for work tomorrow but I'll try to get out and look tomorrow.

Well the morning started off kinda screwed up. Got my lines in and was warming up the kicker but every time I threw it in gear it died. I tried adjusting the idle screw, checked the cables etc. And then I tried reverse. This actually worked but i heard a dreaded clunk. I lifted the leg and found my problem. My muffs were still on my kicker. Oh well, solved the problem and had a great day. We fished out front mostly green can, McCauley point and did a few runs out looking for tide lines. We caught ten wild coho, some where nice sizes but not a single hatch fish for us.

Well the morning started off kinda screwed up. Got my lines in and was warming up the kicker but every time I threw it in gear it died. I tried adjusting the idle screw, checked the cables etc. And then I tried reverse. This actually worked but i heard a dreaded clunk. I lifted the leg and found my problem. My muffs were still on my kicker. Oh well, solved the problem and had a great day. We fished out front mostly green can, McCauley point and did a few runs out looking for tide lines. We caught ten wild coho, some where nice sizes but not a single hatch fish for us.
What depth are the coho hanging out at? I see lots of marks on my sounder at 20-40 feet but when I bring the lines up all I get is shakers. Hope the Coho hang around for a bit

How far out where you when the coho hit? didn't realize they came off the waterfont like that in deeper water.

Burned the carbon out of the main motor today. Ran out to AH at 630. 3-4 boats working the point. 1 hour no love and did not see anyone else pull any in. Out to pedder and a cuple small ones let go along side. A few boats in tight. There seemed like a few more out in the 2-300' tide lines. Heading back I thought, lets give Constance a try. A couple charters and 3-4 more boats out there. Released a couple small ones. Maybe I should have saved the gas and stayed out front. Any news?

How far out where you when the coho hit? didn't realize they came off the waterfont like that in deeper water.

I was only out about 500 yards. Not far from all the other boats when they started. but I was going north south as apposed to the other boats going east to west.

Burned the carbon out of the main motor today. Ran out to AH at 630. 3-4 boats working the point. 1 hour no love and did not see anyone else pull any in. Out to pedder and a cuple small ones let go along side. A few boats in tight. There seemed like a few more out in the 2-300' tide lines. Heading back I thought, lets give Constance a try. A couple charters and 3-4 more boats out there. Released a couple small ones. Maybe I should have saved the gas and stayed out front. Any news?
If you are willing to go to pedder I'd go around the corner past race to church or beachy. fish 400-500 ft. The coho fishing out in east sooke has been insane. Lots and lots of action some people getting 20-30 fish to the boat when the bite is good. Run riggers at 50-90ft.
Fall coho are here in good numbers.

Thanks the tip Hot-Streak. Was really hoping to get one more nook. I have a couple nice mid teens in the freezer but was just itching for something around 20lber. There has been 30+ boats out front over the last few days and I haven't heard much on the forum. Big secret or nothing there? How long will the coho be around and to what size?

Question for the admin folks. Why is the posting time way out of wack? Looks like 10 hours ahead on my end. My post above was early this morning and it shows today 5:05pm.
Thanks for all the wok you do in the back ground to keep this excellent forum running. A very helpful tool for me.

Question for the admin folks. Why is the posting time way out of wack? Looks like 10 hours ahead on my end. My post above was early this morning and it shows today 5:05pm.
Thanks for all the wok you do in the back ground to keep this excellent forum running. A very helpful tool for me.
Shows ok for me. Check your regional time settings on your device. Time will show whacked if your device is set to a diff time zone than local (PT) for example.

20220919_081756.jpgFinally a report 😎.Wild Coho released to meet again October 1st. 100' of water in front of Macaulay by the green can on a hoochie/worm rig. 6 ounce weight back 100' of line.
20220919_114613.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back