Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am asking for assistance, I went out fishing today and had an epic day. came home with our 3 clipped coho and did c/r on so many wilds we lost count. I have lost three of my four crab traps set at Saxe point today, the name on two of the buoys for the traps is Richard Fahlman 250 265 1906 and Matt Maja X1 778 406 1296 if you have found them a call back would be great. thanks.

Finished work early today so I decided to try the waterfront for a bit.

Tried the breakwater, made my way out to Brotchie, came back into the breakwater, made my way across the gap towards the green can bouy, as a passed the green can, WHAM rod down, beautiful fish on, low 20’s, 22-25lb.
caught at 55’ on the rigger with skinny G, no bananas spoon. stayed out for about another hour, but no more love. 1 hit, 1 fish

Attachments

• 9767B79E-517C-406A-89BD-0AA930AF1903.jpeg
    9767B79E-517C-406A-89BD-0AA930AF1903.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 75
any further info on coho off the waterfront or Oak Bay? thanks in advance
I went with my friend on his boat to East Sooke today. Didn't see any people fishing the waterfront. I would be nice to get the coho closer to Victoria. We didn't see any fishing jumping in that area on the way in or out.

The mud hole was full of fish this morning. Picked up a 20lb Hali, plenty of dogs and coho were jumping all around the boat. There were also a bunch of Humpbacks feeding the entire morning. Some whale watching orange zodiac with white lettering showed up.It kept chasing down whales within 50ft until other whale boats showed up. You know they're close when the blow hole spray goes over the zodiac.

Attachments

• IMG_20220719_105124654.jpg
    IMG_20220719_105124654.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 74
The mud hole was full of fish this morning. Picked up a 20lb Hali, plenty of dogs and coho were jumping all around the boat. There were also a bunch of Humpbacks feeding the entire morning. Some whale watching orange zodiac with white lettering showed up.It kept chasing down whales within 50ft until other whale boats showed up. You know they're close when the blow hole spray goes over the zodiac.
Good job on the fishing. Nice the coho have shown up while I’m out of town! Be nice if they caught those whale watchers, try to grab a number next time and report them. It’s not snitching when it’s a commercial operation that should know better. Lots of good WW operations out there.

Must have been the only one to strike out at the MudHole unless you count dogfish. Was fishing in 290‘ between Albert Head and Pedder Bay. Lots of dogs in the early morning and nothing after around 10. Still trying to figure out the MudHole parameters. Saw one boat west of us closer to Race and several more to seaward, but thought them more around west edge of Constance or perhaps the shipping lane. Going to give her a try again tomorrow and perhaps even try for a Coho. Beautiful day out there

When I was running to Sooke yesterday from Vic I came within 20 Ft. of hitting a Humpback whale.I was running at about 28 MPH. and it rose and rolled on my starboard side.Not sure who would have suffered more if I had hit it.No way I could have known it was in the area.

Perhaps a silly question. When you rig up your skinny G lures do you tie your leader directly to the lure's slit ring or do you have a clip at that end? One may be easier to change out but I wonder which allows better action?

Thanks Scott. That is what I have been doing over the last few years. I guess I can't blame my rigging for the lack of fish to the boat last year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back