2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say its pretty cool to see how many members are participating in this thread.
I only fished T10 once this year a couple of weeks ago. We were crabbing in Blaine and decided to run up.
Got all of our springs in a couple of hours. All on bait.
Great to see a fishery finally open for sporties close to town.
It really shows how important this public fishery is.
Im in Kamloops and have seen a lot of boats on the river and the little Shuswap as well.
Unfortunately there are also commercial boats on Kamloops lake.

Where would one head on Sunday if they were to go out . SH , T10, cap/ambleside .

Made the run down from Squamish at dawn yesterday through a pretty lumpy Howe Sound, but was a northerly outflow and trailing seas so it could have been worse. Lines in at Pt. Atkinson around 7:30am trolling east to cap to hit low slack into flood for the better part of the day. Got to pink apts at around 9:20am and joined the hoard lapping from the QD buoy to the cap marker. Maybe 50-60 boats, not bad. Was very slow for me. Netted a just under (2cm shy) chinook at 107' on rigger in 100' water, and missed the hook set on a couple pin poppers. Running mostly chovies in 80-120' water with the riggers set about the same, one just shy of bouncing the bottom and the other 15-20' above.

Saw a few decent fish netted, but overall it looked on the slower side for most. Dimitri from Bon Chovy got 1 keeper in his morning charter, which is a pretty good litmus test for the day overall (at least that's what I'm telling myself ha ha).

Seas got a bit lumpy in the afternoon but still fishable. Lines up at cap around 3:45pm, thought about setting them back in at Pt. Atkinson on way home but got a "stressed" text from wife who was manning the home ship with boys (1 yo and 3.5 yo). Classic!

I found it interesting how green the water was. I've fished the Sunshine Coast my whole life and don't recall many if any days with glow-stick green water. I was running both green and chartreuse gear, with the netted chinook hitting the latter.

Overall, a great day. The fishing was fantastic, the catching wasn't. Never sleep well the night after a slow fish. Dreams of soft, floppy anchovies and weird fishing blunders all night. Only remedy for that is to gas up and head back out there.

Sending it Sunday to likely Pt. Atkinson (or maybe SH depending on report in the coming days, and more critically the seas). One final summer run fish before prepping the boat for winter chinook fishing. Stoked.

Tight lines everyone and what a gift this late Sept sunshine is (although we effin' earned it considering how wet spring was)!

You know it's a big fish when there no longer is a fork in the tail. Also note that fish is under 40", recalling a previous discussion about that on SFBC.

nice fish!!

This beautiful fish gave a different kind of fight, no budging just solid head shaking screamer, hit him in the afternoon along west van.. west of the yellow can away from the crowds, 40' on bait, no idea on the weight no scale...just big, head was huge
View attachment 85431
save some of them hog's for Saturday last kick of the can for me down at T10/SH.....
I’ll be there as well Wildthing. Look out for a 29’ white striper. Taking the wife and another couple. Pretty much all newbies, should be a blast. Getting the 10yr old daughter as well. First try for Sox’s as we have been away. Be at SH! Good luck

I’ll be there as well Wildthing. Look out for a 29’ white striper. Taking the wife and another couple. Pretty much all newbies, should be a blast. Getting the 10yr old daughter as well. First try for Sox’s as we have been away. Be at SH! Good luck
See you guys down there... packing a big lunch and trolling SH all day, gonna get some sock fishing in as well, will keep boating till i hit a tide line or sockeye jumpers to start the morning...Wind for Saturday looks great... one last SH cast

Worked SH from 3-7pm. Still Sockeyes around. Landed 4 of 6. Plus a couple smaller Springs, one a keeper on anchovie.

Attachments

• 71101279-ECB2-4820-AA16-BCC3B16D86BD.jpeg
    71101279-ECB2-4820-AA16-BCC3B16D86BD.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 135
  • E4F0CFA4-F82D-410B-A9AC-B1E580C79B4D.jpeg
    E4F0CFA4-F82D-410B-A9AC-B1E580C79B4D.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 34BFF243-3ABD-40DD-B59E-DBB83BDF7E6E.jpeg
    34BFF243-3ABD-40DD-B59E-DBB83BDF7E6E.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 494A1D42-E868-4A4D-A3C0-C073787EBD11.jpeg
    494A1D42-E868-4A4D-A3C0-C073787EBD11.jpeg