2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Was that you guys finishing up around 11:30 and going home?
Yeah we trolled all the way up to T10 to to see what all the fuss was about. We then realised as we were picking up our gear that there was no way way out of that mess lol. I hope I didn't, but I'm sure someone was mad that I may have waked them. Kind of peeled out of there.

Had the same experience with a west coast tackle spoon (salish series) with a bigger spring off Nanaimo. The hook broke right on the bend. I've been meaning to contact west coast spoons to let them know - other then the hooks they seem like great quality much more durable than a Gibbs spoon
Stainless spoons though, no?

Yeah we trolled all the way up to T10 to to see what all the fuss was about. We then realised as we were picking up our gear that there was no way way out of that mess lol. I hope I didn't, but I'm sure someone was mad that I may have waked them. Kind of peeled out of there.
I watched you go. It was fine. Made your way inside as fast as you could. My old man was pretty impressed seeing that big hull jump up on step.

If anyone was upset that a big 3488 Bayliner yacht series peeled out of the T10 at around 2 pm in the afternoon without regard for their wake, someone on board was having an apparent heart attack. They were told to go full throttle to Milltown to a waiting ambulance. I know all the people involved, and got the phone call about 4:30 pm.

Impossible not to get waked today haha. Would it be possible to DM you about this herring rig? Or at least get some tips? How big of a herring? Does flasher colour matter?

Got the kids up. Got out early. Got some great fish. Lost some great fish. Released some great fish. What a way to end the summer and send them back to school.

Best action between 8-10 am with earlier better than later. Mostly stayed out of the fray, mostly out in 300' between Iona Jetty and T-10, except one dip right to T-10 where we hooked up a mid-20s brute.

IMG_5509.jpg

Called it at noon when the kids got too rangy, ate all the food and started stealing tackle to make their own hooks.

Ended up with 5 fish – 3 red, 2 whites, 3 males, 2 females. Ran one anchovy on the deeper rod (55-75') and one spoon on the shallow rod (40'). Got action on each one with a bit more action (and more lost rigs) on the anchovy.

IMG_5519.jpg

Wondering what was going on with the troller fishing into the pack. Anyone else see that?

troller.jpg

Got the kids up. Got out early. Got some great fish. Lost some great fish. Released some great fish. What a way to end the summer and send them back to school.

Best action between 8-10 am with earlier better than later. Mostly stayed out of the fray, mostly out in 300' between Iona Jetty and T-10, except one dip right to T-10 where we hooked up a mid-20s brute.

View attachment 84694

Called it at noon when the kids got too rangy, ate all the food and started stealing tackle to make their own hooks.

Ended up with 5 fish – 3 red, 2 whites, 3 males, 2 females. Ran one anchovy on the deeper rod (55-75') and one spoon on the shallow rod (40'). Got action on each one with a bit more action (and more lost rigs) on the anchovy.

View attachment 84695

Wondering what was going on with the troller fishing into the pack. Anyone else see that?

View attachment 84696
Was presuming test fishery.

Impossible not to get waked today haha. Would it be possible to DM you about this herring rig? Or at least get some tips? How big of a herring? Does flasher colour matter?
Gibbs Guide Series Chartreuse Lemon Lime flasher. Chartreuse Glow Anchovy Special Teaser Head. Medium Rhys Davis Herring.

What a day - I love sending my son back-to-school with some stories to tell. We had to stop fishing when the net snapped from landing our big one. Trolled mostly away from the pack between Sandheads and T10 8am-1pm. 9 fish to the boat, kept a 35lb female, 2x27lb males (all white), a 14lb red and an 8lb clipped coho. Caught them from 40-90' trolling in 70-250' of water. Caught them all on spoons & hoochies of assorted colors and varieties. Boat's a bloody mess....so is my aching back. Loved the Orca show this morning & we were surrounded by dolphins this afternoon. I think we scared some tourists when we went for lunch at Steveston, looking like we had just participated in the Texas Chainsaw massacre and smelling like....well, like bloody fish!

20220905_143000[1].jpg20220905_141855[1].jpg

What a day - I love sending my son back-to-school with some stories to tell. We had to stop fishing when the net snapped from landing our big one. Trolled mostly away from the pack between Sandheads and T10 8am-1pm. 9 fish to the boat, kept a 35lb female, 2x27lb males (all white), a 14lb red and an 8lb clipped coho. Caught them from 40-90' trolling in 70-250' of water. Caught them all on spoons & hoochies of assorted colors and varieties. Boat's a bloody mess....so is my aching back. Loved the Orca show this morning & we were surrounded by dolphins this afternoon. I think we scared some tourists when we went for lunch at Steveston, looking like we had just participated in the Texas Chainsaw massacre and smelling like....well, like bloody fish!

View attachment 84708View attachment 84709
Which one of those is the 35lb. Nice catch, worth the net break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back