2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as rest limited out at Sandheads, great first day!View attachment 84469
Oh was mostly fishing 65-68 feet on riggers, stacked 4 rods @ a 38 foot spread, anchovies , or very small herring in anchovy rigs, black flashers and UV chartreuse anchovy heads, Barbless treble Gamakatsu trailer hooks picked up most of the fish - they swallowed them, so were very well hooked even without a barb, Just can't pull too hard on a treble. Speed variations was the biggest winner for the day, slow right down, speed up to , most of our hits on the changes , 2 double-headers- was a blast day. Saw lots of fish caught, really glad to see my fellow sportsman finally get some salmon for their families, Good job all..

Nice work everyone.

I picked up the boat at 5:15 pm after getting a new trim assembly installed at Milltown. Had to be back in North Van for 7 pm, but couldn't resist the chance to drop the lines. Had about 40 minutes, so figured I'd give the Bell / Mile markers a quick troll. Wasn't expecting too much as it has been quite a while since I've fished that area and even longer since I brought one home from there.

Half way between the first mile marker and the bell rod popped off and soloed a small spring (~64 cm) into the net which turned out to be an immature feeder. Not quite what I was expecting for Sept 1 off the Fraser, but I'll take it. Hopefully a good sign for winter...

68377441627__332A77D0-5855-47E4-B7B4-C9499B316E87.jpg

Long time lurker, short time member, soon to be crew member. First report of the 3 needed to start posting and replying to other threads.View attachment 84465
Hit the Bell Buoy area between and outside the markers towards the freighters at 7 am. First rod goes off right after the last one is down. Last one goes off before the first one is back in. 44 feet on bait and everything else chartreuse. Done at 7:30. Drove past boats just showing up. Both stubby nosed, bright and red. One just longer than 80 one just under 80. Drove by the office and waived at the building. Bought a lottery ticket and went home to get ready for report 2 tomorrow. Felt like a sniper. Great day.
shoulda stayed n played , fantastic until 11 am , same , bait at 45-65 , funny watchin all the boats racing around the corner... great day in the sun... enjoy smashin em guys, longgg wait...( thx Pred ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back