2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They came and said hello cause i was fishing a little bit north this morning in the new no fish zone to close to the north arm 11am. Need to update my charts apperently
Soooo good to see our brothers and sisters from Vancouver finally getting in to some great Chinook action! It’s been way too long, but still puts a big smile on this guys face. Here’s hoping it’s a protracted season. All indications are there’s more on the way.:)

Pardon what may be a dumb question but can anyone enlighten me on where these fish are travelling from to get to the Fraser? I ask because as a guy that hasn't grown a big enough pair to come across the straight from Ladysmith to participate in this fishery (always concerned with potential boat issues or wind going to **** whilst over there) I am wondering if shooting out from Porlier Pass and maybe venturing say half way across might get me into some of these fish if they do travel out that far on the way to those grounds? My pair could probably handle venturing out a little way if not all the way across for a shot at those fish even if the chances aren't nearly as great as what you guys experience. I'm under the assumption Porlier is open now too. Thanks for any insight.

For us, it was a bit more grindy...we headed south on the first tack and should have gone north! Sandheads to t10 thereabouts.

Anyway we found what we were looking for and that 86 cm was an absolute stunning fight. All beautiful Fraser reds. Depths typical around 65 to 90 then a bunch of junk popped up deep around 170 so I dropped down and immediately grabbed the 14 lb'r.

Great season opener, go get em!

Attachments

• IMG_20220901_182010.jpg
    IMG_20220901_182010.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 162
Since another member posted a few days ago they were looking for a fishing partner & they had a ton of response (no surprise ;), if anyone is heading out tomorrow in these hotspots of T10 or Sandheads (or next Monday-Saturday) and want an extra set of hands for all these big springs hammering the rods, send me a DM. I have fished for years in Port Alberni, but now live in Vancouver & have a car to meet you wherever, extra gear, but also of course will pitch in for gas. Tight lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back