2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited out in under an hour. Really good action here. My tip for the day. Do you know when you’re fishing the west van Shoreline and you have to check your lines every 10 to 15 minutes to take off the seaweed? Well out here the the T10 marker you have to check your line every 10 minutes if you’re not getting a hit because there’s a shaker on your line that hasn’t released the clip. Such a burden I know, but my goodness what a glorious day out here. Nets, flashers and rods in the air continually. The fish are here for sure. You folks leaving out of Vancouver and the North Shore, I don’t think there’s a need to go to Sand heads yet, make T10 your destination and I think you will be happy.

Troll a bit faster to keep the shakers off.
Also artificial
Limited out in under an hour. Really good action here. My tip for the day. Do you know when you’re fishing the west van Shoreline and you have to check your lines every 10 to 15 minutes to take off the seaweed? Well out here the the T10 marker you have to check your line every 10 minutes if you’re not getting a hit because there’s a shaker on your line that hasn’t released the clip. Such a burden I know, but my goodness what a glorious day out here. Nets, flashers and rods in the air continually. The fish are here for sure. You folks leaving out of Vancouver and the North Shore, I don’t think there’s a need to go to Sand heads yet, make T10 your destination and I think you will be happy.

Troll a bit faster. Also use bigger baits. 6” Choves or whole Herring.

Pretty on fire here at sandheads. 15 spring hits so far. Missed a few, lost a few and box a few. 20 lbs biggest for us so far. Lost a 20+ at the surface as well. Getting picky with our last 2 keepers . Great to see so many fish caught and geeked up people on the water.

Over at pt Atkinson, chickened out in my 16.5 ft'r this morning. How is the wind over there? It's decent here. 1 decent spring so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back