2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at rocky point a couple of years ago to put the boat in but tide was way out. The guy on the far left dumped his boat in but trailer tire went over the concrete ledge. Diesel f350 bent the tow bar straight trying to get it out took him so long to try different things by the time the tow truck came is drivers door was at the water level. I would have unhooked the trailer and left it waiting for the tow truck but maybe he has money to burn. Lol

I never understood how this type of incident can ever happen...see tons of videos online of vehicles ending up in the water don't don't understand how it happens...do people simply shift from reverse into neutral(thinking they got it in park) and get out of their cars? I always double and triple check it's in park and don't get out until I am certain truck isn't rolling backwards and that it is indeed in park.
Happens more often than you would think. usually the rush with others waiting to launch is when the weird stuff happens. In most cases they recover before the vehicle is totally swamped. This and the "drop the boat on the ramp". Usually panic or just trying to go too fast.

Happens more often than you would think. usually the rush with others waiting to launch is when the weird stuff happens. In most cases they recover before the vehicle is totally swamped. This and the "drop the boat on the ramp". Usually panic or just trying to go too fast.
Make sure it’s in park AND the emergency brakes on. What is is up with people today who think the e brakes are optional. I guess in the 70’s when I got my license we were trained differently. You’ve then got 2 things stopping your tow vehicle.

Last edited:
Park? guess thats what the two peddle guys have.... I run a 6spd and dodge e-bakes suck so old school line lock on the front brakes plants it where I want it. I kid though my GTX is an auto lol.

28-6 open for springs yet???
I can't understand the hieroglyphics that DFO use to explain. Thanks

28-6 open for springs yet???
I can't understand the hieroglyphics that DFO use to explain. Thanks
Yes 28-6 is open aug 1 for Chinook retention. But what I don’t see any where is a max size of 80cm. Is that lifted today aswell?

Attachments

• C73BDF5C-2185-4AC6-A065-3FAE57911C03.png
    C73BDF5C-2185-4AC6-A065-3FAE57911C03.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 40
Yes 28-6 is open aug 1 for Chinook retention. But what I don’t see any where is a max size of 80cm. Is that lifted today aswell?
Interesting that is says area 28 and not 28-6 specifically. There is no way all of 28 is open for springs is it? Those days are long gone for August correct?

Interesting that is says area 28 and not 28-6 specifically. There is no way all of 28 is open for springs is it? Those days are long gone for August correct?
That’s the problem with these apps IMO (and why I don’t use them personally). It’s misleading.
As painful as it is, you have to sift thru the DFO site and the fishery notices.

Attachments

• CB60BCA1-90D5-4011-ADEC-39643C7EB581.jpeg
    CB60BCA1-90D5-4011-ADEC-39643C7EB581.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 108
Anyone out fishing West Van? I was thinking about getting out for a bit. For the shear fact that it seems so novel that I'd be allowed to keep a spring so close to home. Might even go jig at the pink.

Anyone out fishing West Van? I was thinking about getting out for a bit. For the shear fact that it seems so novel that I'd be allowed to keep a spring so close to home. Might even go jig at the pink.
Had a friend biking over lions gate send me a picture of everyone fishing out there, looked to be about 20 boats around ambleside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back