Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do. But he is a novice fisherman, so it may not be indicative of the fishing. I'll report back in a week or so.
As promised, I am reporting on how my novice fisherman friend did at Brown's Bay last week. He did well. 8 springs were caught fishing in the bay just north of Brown's Bay (on the Vancouver island side). He did not fish that much in the time he was there so it sounds like decent fishing in that area.

Can anyone give me a fishing report on the area south of Quadra (Green Can, Red Can, Hump)? Is the fishing still hot in that area or has it cooled down. Haven't fished there in 3 weeks.

Can anyone give me a fishing report on the area south of Quadra (Green Can, Red Can, Hump)? Is the fishing still hot in that area or has it cooled down. Haven't fished there in 3 weeks.
It is still producing, but it is definitely cooling off. We got three yesterday, the largest being around 11 pounds. There are some cohoe starting to show and some of them are pretty large. I know of a boat yesterday that caught a 10 pound ho.

Any reports from the last couple of days? Hump...Light....Green?
I fished between both cans on Friday late afternoon/evening and on yesterday (Sunday) late afternoon/evening. Got 4 springs in 3 hours on Friday. Yesterday was slower. Only landed one Spring, lost another by the boat on a netting malfunction, and released an undersized. Lots of bait between the cans last night. All in all, still pretty good fishing.

Heading out tomorrow morning to see what is up north of the narrows.
Taking along some foreigners for an adventure, any reports from Deepwater or Green seas?
Talked to some commercial guys and does not sounds good for sox.

Heading out tomorrow morning to see what is up north of the narrows.
Taking along some foreigners for an adventure, any reports from Deepwater or Green seas?
Talked to some commercial guys and does not sounds good for sox.
Would appreciate a report on how you make out GS...tight lines!

Green can-extremally choppy this am-got a good coho and a reasonable spring but it was a trial-had enough-put everything away balls stowed etc-just about to hit the throttle and noticed huge bait up to 150ft in 230 ft water-dropped a shimano 6oz jig which I always carry loaded and was well rewarded with a nice spring-great fight on my very light jigging rod--proving God likes guys who go out in stupid conditions!! Don't carry the analogy any further-it was not a nice morning even with the fish!!

Green can-extremally choppy this am-got a good coho and a reasonable spring but it was a trial-had enough-put everything away balls stowed etc-just about to hit the throttle and noticed huge bait up to 150ft in 230 ft water-dropped a shimano 6oz jig which I always carry loaded and was well rewarded with a nice spring-great fight on my very light jigging rod--proving God likes guys who go out in stupid conditions!! Don't carry the analogy any further-it was not a nice morning even with the fish!!
good job! i looked long and hard at the slop and said nah but it laid down big time this afternoon. will probably head out tomorrow

DFO has announced that Quadra, Marina Is and Twin Is prawning will close Dec 31 thru to April 1....again!

DFO has announced that Quadra, Marina Is and Twin Is prawning will close Dec 31 thru to April 1....again!
it’s a good thing. pulse closures and helps replenish the fishery. they are berried right now.
we were prawning at twin a while back and we had to toss lots of berried prawns. they don’t always swim away nicely….

There will still be a bunch of prawn traps out.
Looking forward to the annual Prawnaggedon on April 1st, with my buddies and a bunch of our kids!

Darn…I just moved to CR and hoped to get out, over the winter and do some prawning.
Is there a map of the closed areas?
I just checked DFO website and can’t find any info.

There will still be a bunch of prawn traps out.
Looking forward to the annual Prawnaggedon on April 1st, with my buddies and a bunch of our kids!
In the Conservation thread. Someone posted an article about a fisherman being fine $18k for not following the rules. Second one in a year or so, both had the book thrown at them. Hopefully the ones who don’t follow the rules will learn the hard way. I guess we’ll be out April 1 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back