Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
Up here working was sitting on the beach last night by the ramada seen some fish jumping.2-3# range . Pinks ? Coho?. Got a couple hours afterwork to kill, is it too early to fish Campbell river for pinks or are there any other beach fishing options in the nearby area.
Thanks

Hey guys
Up here working was sitting on the beach last night by the ramada seen some fish jumping.2-3# range . Pinks ? Coho?. Got a couple hours afterwork to kill, is it too early to fish Campbell river for pinks or are there any other beach fishing options in the nearby area.
Thanks
There are probably some pinks around, but retention doesn't open until the 15th in the Campbell freshwater. They're open in the salt, though.

There are probably some pinks around, but retention doesn't open until the 15th in the Campbell freshwater. They're open in the salt, though.
Sportfishing Pier probably a decent bet - saw jumpers in front of Hidden Harbour a few days ago.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I’ll wait for the river to open. Fished it before always find a green fly under a bobber to be the best setup for pinks for me.
Thanks again

seems like the year before 2015, 2019 and 2023 its always tonnes of undersize on the inside. should be good for next year again like 2019 and 2015.

Your right-tues morning at the Green Can I went 6 to 1- very frustrating to say the least!!
Not at all, we have settled to just retaining 78-80cm fish and are closer to 1-1 the past week. It has been insane out at the can the past week. Had to fish less than 2hrs to hit our limit (3-4 fishers). Best 80cm to date was 17.5#, average in the 78-80 are 13-15#'s.

Not at all, we have settled to just retaining 78-80cm fish and are closer to 1-1 the past week. It has been insane out at the can the past week. Had to fish less than 2hrs to hit our limit (3-4 fishers). Best 80cm to date was 17.5#, average in the 78-80 are 13-15#'s.
I think you misunderstood-I had six small fish before i hit a keeper

I think you misunderstood-I had six small fish before i hit a keeper
Not at all, Saturday morning we had 6 fish to the boat, all within the slot, smallest was 76, largest was 80, we fished 55 min. The big difference we have noticed this year is the lack of fish over 80cm. Last year there were plenty by this time, this year we have had 1. Also, there have been the odd Coho show up already, we had one in the 6-7# range Friday, wild though. Coho may be looking really good later on, my brother inlaw has had several in the 12# range off of Port McNeil this past week.

Thanks for the reports! Can't wait for my kick at the can! pardon the pun.
Nice to hear about catching fish too big too small and just right? They are in the area!!

Not at all, Saturday morning we had 6 fish to the boat, all within the slot, smallest was 76, largest was 80, we fished 55 min. The big difference we have noticed this year is the lack of fish over 80cm. Last year there were plenty by this time, this year we have had 1. Also, there have been the odd Coho show up already, we had one in the 6-7# range Friday, wild though. Coho may be looking really good later on, my brother inlaw has had several in the 12# range off of Port McNeil this past week.
Same here, almost everything right in the slot, very few undersized. Fishing deep 215+ on whatever we put down.

Heading up this weekend to Saratoga Beach for camping and a little fishing. Looking to go jigging for salmon. Would you go to the green can or is Sentry Shoal descent?

Heading up this weekend to Saratoga Beach for camping and a little fishing. Looking to go jigging for salmon. Would you go to the green can or is Sentry Shoal descent?
Do both! Wilby Shoal is likely a bit more consistent, but good fishing can be had at Sentry at times. Definitely worth checking out.

Out this morning - reasonable showing of bait in the deep South of the Green. Fishing was scratchy, one about 78cm and a couple just legal. One sockeye released also. Evenings have been better for me recently.

Fished the green can yesterday and lost one chinook about 9# due to netting error but the big surprise was the pinks. We must have hit a cloud of them as both rods went off at the same time and we brought up 2 followed quickly by two more (one we lost). Could see some salmon at the surface as well so thinking maybe that might have been them.

Fished the green can yesterday and lost one chinook about 9# due to netting error but the big surprise was the pinks. We must have hit a cloud of them as both rods went off at the same time and we brought up 2 followed quickly by two more (one we lost). Could see some salmon at the surface as well so thinking maybe that might have been them.

Pinks are super thick out there right now. Big lures / plugs and going deeper is the only way to avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back