Status
Not open for further replies.
no local retention till july 15.. if you want to travel an hour and a half one way, you can target salmon in toba and biute inlet. check the regs and map as the areas you can fish are confusing to explain.

with the cost of gas there’s no point right now.

ling cod are always an option

no local retention till july 15.. if you want to travel an hour and a half one way, you can target salmon in toba and biute inlet. check the regs and map as the areyou can fish are confusing to explain.

with the cost of gas there’s no point right now.

ling cod are always an option
What is the price of marine fuel in Campbell River right now?

I'm heading that way Saturday.
Need one more sea trial after my steering ram decided to start puking fluid.
That magic juice has gotten real expensive at $30/l.

I was at the green can in about 160 feet of water last night. Bait ball about 30 feet deep for a quarter mile. Played a lot of catch and release. Lots of fish around.
Came out of Pacific Playground with my new CC and played at the hump-lots of bait-in 240 ft about 50 ft thick-lots of close to legal lings-managed a nice one that was legal-couple of very nice springs-hell of a fight on super lite jigging riggs. Not allowed salmon and had to wait on the tide so cruised to the green can looking for bait-found little pockets-great fight from a spring that was over the 80cm mark gaff released- slow cruised over willoby shoal stopping on pockets of bait -nothing major-released a couple of small springs in the 10 ish range. Killing time really until the tide came up-Played at the hump again-bait not as concentrated-managed a couple of nice springs-put on my big boy pants and managed to bring the Shadowline CC into Pacific Playground on a 3 ft tide. Wonderful day' great solo trip-really feeling at home with the hi tech jigging--man I hate the regs- really not a lot of boats--regs? gas prices? Ramp prices? We live in a fabulous part of the world!!

Good day ladies and gentlemen

I’m new to the area and I could use a little guidance. When do pinks arrive and where are the general areas where I have a chance to catch one or two ? I have a 23 ft fishing boat ( Striper ) equipped with downriggers
Thank you respectfully
D

Good day ladies and gentlemen

I’m new to the area and I could use a little guidance. When do pinks arrive and where are the general areas where I have a chance to catch one or two ? I have a 23 ft fishing boat ( Striper ) equipped with downriggers
Thank you respectfully
D
Early august around browns bay, deep water bay. If they show in numbers can catch them pretty well anywhere guys are fishing. Green can, red can on the south end of quadra

Came out of Pacific Playground with my new CC and played at the hump-lots of bait-in 240 ft about 50 ft thick-lots of close to legal lings-managed a nice one that was legal-couple of very nice springs-hell of a fight on super lite jigging riggs. Not allowed salmon and had to wait on the tide so cruised to the green can looking for bait-found little pockets-great fight from a spring that was over the 80cm mark gaff released- slow cruised over willoby shoal stopping on pockets of bait -nothing major-released a couple of small springs in the 10 ish range. Killing time really until the tide came up-Played at the hump again-bait not as concentrated-managed a couple of nice springs-put on my big boy pants and managed to bring the Shadowline CC into Pacific Playground on a 3 ft tide. Wonderful day' great solo trip-really feeling at home with the hi tech jigging--man I hate the regs- really not a lot of boats--regs? gas prices? Ramp prices? We live in a fabulous part of the world!!
Nice, sounds like a good day. Did you have yours built or get the one that was on the lot at Boatland?

Nice, sounds like a good day. Did you have yours built or get the one that was on the lot at Boatland?
No I had mine specifically built for me as a dedicated jigging machine. It can of course troll but I try very hard not to. It is slightly smaller than the one that was at Boatland and has a lot of very unique features. After screw-ups with power (mine) I put a 115 and a 9.9=it is very fuel efficient and fast although I never go above 26 or so mph

No I had mine specifically built for me as a dedicated jigging machine. It can of course troll but I try very hard not to. It is slightly smaller than the one that was at Boatland and has a lot of very unique features. After screw-ups with power (mine) I put a 115 and a 9.9=it is very fuel efficient and fast although I never go above 26 or so mph
Ahhh I just realized I had a giant brain fart, there was a whole build thread! lol Great boat for $2 gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back