2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reports from the inside the last few days?
Things have picked up significantly. The bulk of the run hasn't shown but it's a definite go on the Sound.
Flemming, Sanford, the Wall and the Brady's Beach tac have all started to produce decent fish. The coho fishing has been outstanding.
Bait, hoochies and skinny gs between 25' and 40' on the riggers. As we get more into August then mostly bait does the job.

Things have picked up significantly. The bulk of the run hasn't shown but it's a definite go on the Sound.
Flemming, Sanford, the Wall and the Brady's Beach tac have all started to produce decent fish. The coho fishing has been outstanding.
Bait, hoochies and skinny gs between 25' and 40' on the riggers. As we get more into August then mostly bait does the job.
Nice post charley girl nice to read a positive post , pleasant change , we will be in on wednesday , hope there not all gone lololol

Went out to big bank yesterday morning. Ride out and back where great. Flat calm. Pickup our Hali in a hour. 124,84,78. Also picked up 2 ling and 3 low teens springs. Trolling on the bottom with anchovy. The fog was crazy thick and we trolled with the radar on to see the other boats sitting on anchor and other boats trolling. Fishing on the inside is still slow for this time of year. The detour on the road coming in to the nook sucks adds 30 minutes to the drive
The looks on your daughters faces here are priceless

Rolled into the sound mid morning, played around at the start of the sound with a little bottom fishing in the sun and calm waters, managed to pick up a ling. Trolled Fleming to sandford in the afternoon. Slower but did get a sweet double header of mid teens that ripped like much bigger fish. The boy and I got both in with momma netting both. Anchored up for the night early and ended up jigging up a nice couple keepers and quite a few coho which were finning and jumping. Slow grind day turned out to be pretty good. daughter was having a good time being crazy

Attachments

• 885994A4-22E0-4913-A58E-A6E5DD768588.jpeg
    885994A4-22E0-4913-A58E-A6E5DD768588.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 925C8773-AE16-41B3-B07A-5A2FD2DB9C65.jpeg
    925C8773-AE16-41B3-B07A-5A2FD2DB9C65.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 243
they tack between the bottleneck and the nose, productive plug fishery. a couple tyees came in. WHITES!

that contour you circled, most call it the egg.
The thing I noticed about these named areas is they only look like their name in certain chart zooms. Is there a standard scale that was traditionally used?

the older garmin mapping looked nothing like this.. all i can relate the contours to names is that the original "c map" i believe , most looked like the contours they are named. some if zoomed in, look totally different. odd.

Got back yesterday from 5 days in Bamfield. A real grind early in the week but definite improvement as the week wore on. Some good fish were starting to show up on Thursday at the usual spots but a quick early morning bite and then another slower but steady bite on the later tide change. It’ll just keep getting better over the next few weeks as you could see the first wave of mature Robertson Creek fish start to show up. Such awesome surface oriented scrappers! We got good fish on white hoochies, bait and skinny G’s with the white hoochies actually out producing bait which is a first for me. We saw and caught plenty of coho mainly nearer to the surf line including some really nice sized ones on both bait and hoochie. Had a few hit the gear as were were attaching to the release clips which was cool. Amazing and weird weather on Wednesday with lightning, thunder and Intense but brief downpours to add to the weirdness.Can’t wait to get back on the 21st with the better half for a full week!

they tack between the bottleneck and the nose, productive plug fishery. a couple tyees came in. WHITES!

that contour you circled, most call it the egg.
Yes I heard it called the egg too. Does look more like a hot dog.
Funny thing when your out there does not seem to
Matter where you fish. It’s all good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back