2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the big free lot close to clutusi you can leave your vehicle and trailer at.
It’s next to the Ford dealer? Used to be a huge open parking lot.
Years past I’ve heard stories of stuff going missing. So don’t leave anything in view and lock it up.
Locals know that people are gone for longer periods.

Aluminum. They are from Njordgear. Dealing with 2 inches of hail. Tried to tear the awning off the trailer

Attachments

• 5391E157-D027-49DB-AA5A-E5E35DA7204E.jpeg
    5391E157-D027-49DB-AA5A-E5E35DA7204E.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 265
  • FCA58C6F-2698-40B3-80D8-6958DBA8DAA1.jpeg
    FCA58C6F-2698-40B3-80D8-6958DBA8DAA1.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Hope I'm posting this in right place. After 5 years of going to Nootka, my brother along with 2 other friends decided to try fish Bamfield towards the end of June. We have a reservation at China Creek for a week fishing mostly for Sockeye but in between, we like to try Bamfield for 2 or 3 days. My boat is 22' with a new 250 Yamaha on the back. We need a cabin or something to stay in for 2 or 3 nights. Is there any place you would recommend to stay with access to moorage? I understand Poet Nook is a very nice place to camp but guys want to be in a cabin and not sleep in a tent. Lastly, I'm still unsure if we should trailer the boat to Bamfield or just go through the canal leaving early in the morning. I really appreciate your feedback in advance.

Hope I'm posting this in right place. After 5 years of going to Nootka, my brother along with 2 other friends decided to try fish Bamfield towards the end of June. We have a reservation at China Creek for a week fishing mostly for Sockeye but in between, we like to try Bamfield for 2 or 3 days. My boat is 22' with a new 250 Yamaha on the back. We need a cabin or something to stay in for 2 or 3 nights. Is there any place you would recommend to stay with access to moorage? I understand Poet Nook is a very nice place to camp but guys want to be in a cabin and not sleep in a tent. Lastly, I'm still unsure if we should trailer the boat to Bamfield or just go through the canal leaving early in the morning. I really appreciate your feedback in advance.
Go through the Canal, you might even learn some hot spots to fish as you head up. Mackay Lodge is a good place to stay with moorage.

Am i reading this correctly ? FN0723 Chinook Conservation Measures , effective August 1 thru October 15 the daily limit is two , with a MAXIMUM length of 77 cm in the following waters , those remaining subareas 23-1 to 23-11 outside of the chinook non retention area described above .
area 123 all remaining portions of 123 the daily limit will remain at two [2] chinook with a minimum size limit of 45 cm .

help me with what i just read , off shore 2 per day minimum 45 cm
inshore everything is under 77 cm in area 23 ? REALLY ?
need help !

Am i reading this correctly ? FN0723 Chinook Conservation Measures , effective August 1 thru October 15 the daily limit is two , with a MAXIMUM length of 77 cm in the following waters , those remaining subareas 23-1 to 23-11 outside of the chinook non retention area described above .
area 123 all remaining portions of 123 the daily limit will remain at two [2] chinook with a minimum size limit of 45 cm .

help me with what i just read , off shore 2 per day minimum 45 cm
inshore everything is under 77 cm in area 23 ? REALLY ?
need help !
Looks like an old notice from 2015? https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=173464&ID=all

Thank you for the reply Kaelc and Matthias, the heart is beating with some regular rhythm again , Don't know where this false news came from the fn #s are not even close to current notice #s , i appreciate the reply .

I'm heading back up to Bamfield for a few trips this summer one with the family Aug 3-7 and the other with the guys Aug 28 - Sept 1. In years past we usually launched our boats out of port boat house and they had a storage yard to keep our trucks and trailers for the 4 nights while we're fishing plus with us usually doing the two trips we'd leave our boat and trailer in there storage yard because we're from the mainland and didn't want to take it back on the ferry $$$ but this year they lost there storage yard so I'm looking for another option...

So, what are some other options where I can launch a boat, plus a safe place to store my boat and trailer for around 20 days so I don't have to tow it back to the mainland?

20 foot North River Seahawk plus trailer

Thanks

I'm heading back up to Bamfield for a few trips this summer one with the family Aug 3-7 and the other with the guys Aug 28 - Sept 1. In years past we usually launched our boats out of port boat house and they had a storage yard to keep our trucks and trailers for the 4 nights while we're fishing plus with us usually doing the two trips we'd leave our boat and trailer in there storage yard because we're from the mainland and didn't want to take it back on the ferry $$$ but this year they lost there storage yard so I'm looking for another option...

So, what are some other options where I can launch a boat, plus a safe place to store my boat and trailer for around 20 days so I don't have to tow it back to the mainland?

20 foot North River Seahawk plus trailer

Thanks
Try Brad's Boat Storage 1-250-731-5658

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back