2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Awesome whale show at the bell saterday, filled the screen the bait was herded so tight almost completely red on the hummingbird. One keeper, 50 in 100, unmarked marble ish. Couple of unders. All on the typical 3" spoons. Great day on the water. I cant seem to attach photos from laptop, says file is too big?
Take a screen shot of the pic and then share that.

Hey guys. Now that skiing season is winding down will be back to the water. Starting Thursday. Anyone has had any luck in the harbour these days? I know it’s low everywhere... or time to move to hump / Bowen? Cheers
Gonna be catch and release starting Thursday... If that is even allowed.

It's huge. I dislike it. To much randomness.

had some banner days early spring , might seem kind of random to some, but there are still guys out there that do better than most othee boats , the fish move up and down the water column out there at different points of the day and different tides . once you dial in their patters that place can light right up. have had many 20+lb fish out there in late march /early april . i think they are big squamish fish feeding out there before they enter the sound .

had some banner days early spring , might seem kind of random to some, but there are still guys out there that do better than most othee boats , the fish move up and down the water column out there at different points of the day and different tides . once you dial in their patters that place can light right up. have had many 20+lb fish out there in late march /early april . i think they are big squamish fish feeding out there before they enter the sound .
The fun part out there is once you're on them, staying on them! Lot's of circles lol.

I just had a look at the regs and it just says everything is open and that's it. So they would have to send out a notice I think. Any extra days we can get is a bonus.

I just had a look at the regs and it just says everything is open and that's it. So they would have to send out a notice I think. Any extra days we can get is a bonus.
They always release the current regs with the new license year on April 1st do they not?

I think they did this in 2019 as well. Didn't actually shut us down until the 15th or something. I bagged one on the 11th.
You're right they did. But then in 2020 they announced on the 1st the new regs.

think its still open unless they have a regulation come out that you cant keep any springs
I am on the SFAB South Coast meetings this weekend. DFO confirmed that it will close to even catch and release for Chinook on April 1, 2021 until there is a decision on SFAB MSF Chinook proposal. Essentially same regulations as last year for Vancouver and Howe Sound area.

If you have not called Fisheries Minister Jordan's office in support of MSF and SFAB Chinook proposals, then you should do so this week or email.

Minister Jordan's office 902-527-5665 or email bernadette.jordan@parl.gc.ca

Don't get me wrong. Ive caught fish at the hump, I know it can be productive. But I don't know what I'm doing out there. I just do long tacts with the current, then pull up. Drive back to the start and repeat. Whole time I'm out there I wonder what Tunstall is like. Lol

If there’s anybody out fishing tomorrow in the furry Creek area. I was camping at porteau Cove this week and could not get out and salvage my crab traps due to the excessively High Wind A tree top even snapped off and landed on the car in the next campsite. Unfortunately the winds didn’t settle before I head to check out. If anybody was out that way and want some free traps PM me and I will tell you the name and number on the trap 2 traps.

Back