2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

inside was still pretty slow as of 2 days ago , some good size springs around though but coho were not in any numbers…they seem to be trickling in a little more day by day you should be ok for timing

Doing some prep work for my upcoming trip to Nootka this week. Any updates on the inside? Any tackle suggestions also appreciated!
Almost at the end of our 10 day trip, all our fish caught from the inside were from camel in the evenings (16-26# range). Last night about 10 boats, including us, all hooked up within the span of 20 mins, so hopefully more keep trickling in. Hottest lures for us have been skinny g spoons( blue and a gold nugget) and got a few on 4inch plug as well.
Got another full day fishing left tomorrow, will update.

Just got back 2 days early from our annual trip. Limits for 7 guys on springs. A few coho, ling and bottom fish including a trolled up up hali. Almost everything was outside and on herring aide skinny g. Inside seemed to be a first light bite that turned off by about 730. Didn't try for the night bite as it wasn't needed. After 7 years of bad timing it was finally epic!

Annual Nootka trip came to a close. Limits for springs for 3 guys, few coho and some huge crabs to top it off. Fished mostly the red can, maquinna, beano in the mornings earlier in the trip and camel in the evenings (which produced every night bite). Got our last two this morning at camel and a few friends were catching at hoiss, wall etc so seems like more have moved in and continue to trickle in. Best lures for us was a blue skinny g with green flasher, small chovies and 4” plug. Looking forward to next year already!

Hey, have a room at critter cove for 2 people, aug11th-15th, won’t be able to make it due to work. let me know if you need a spot to stay it’s 207$ a night including Moorage.

txt or call 2505086212

Just got back from Nootka and a 4 day trip. with 4 guys we limited on springs all caught on the inside. seemed to be like fishing in the old days when the bite came on you would see 10 boats all playing fish at the same time. Nice that boats were being very respectful too, if you got a fish, other boats turned away or pulled up their lines. nothing big though as all were 17-21 lbs. We also got our limit of halibut with only a few hours put in. Got our Salmon along the wall to camel rock. white gatorback hoochies were working for us. Depths ranged from 35 to 90ft for fish. there was a mix of dark fish and chrome fish at camel.

The fishing in Esperanza just keeps going. Calm winds and fish lots of fish make s good combination. Chinook are being caught from Grassy down to Pin rocks and in the inlet too. We dont know if they are offshore too as no one is bothering to go out there when they can hit them close in. Halibut fishing has been very good as well!

Attachments

• 20210728_142108.jpg
    20210728_142108.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 122
Our group just got back from Nootka yesterday. We stayed on the inside, Camel was the main stay. Fishing was very productive, and larger fish this year. We had our 16 springs in no time, smallest was 20 lbs, largest 25. Fish were picked up on all types of gear, mostly very small chovies and needle fish hootchies. We did also get them on cut plugs and plugs.
The other two boats in our group went out side for bottom fish and did all right. Stroked a 34.5 spring on the way back in on the second night. So for us it was a great trip with great numbers and size. They had a bit of rain on the Monday so I think it got them moving to the inside.

Our group just got back from Nootka yesterday. We stayed on the inside, Camel was the main stay. Fishing was very productive, and larger fish this year. We had our 16 springs in no time, smallest was 20 lbs, largest 25. Fish were picked up on all types of gear, mostly very small chovies and needle fish hootchies. We did also get them on cut plugs and plugs.
The other two boats in our group went out side for bottom fish and did all right. Stroked a 34.5 spring on the way back in on the second night. So for us it was a great trip with great numbers and size. They had a bit of rain on the Monday so I think it got them moving to the inside.
Hey man! I’m the Grady White “Ohana” that had your fish around my downrigger! Lol. We got dialed in finally as well! 16 springs kept for our 4 man crew. Smallest 18 and largest 25. Almost all of our were on white Hoochy’s and small blue skinny G spoons. Was epic weather and even the fog inside yesterday and today was really cool to fish in! Good luck everyone.. I’m back up on Thursday and hoping the rainy forecast changes! Chanel 68 “Ohana”
SWC

Hey man! I’m the Grady White “Ohana” that had your fish around my downrigger! Lol. We got dialed in finally as well! 16 springs kept for our 4 man crew. Smallest 18 and largest 25. Almost all of our were on white Hoochy’s and small blue skinny G spoons. Was epic weather and even the fog inside yesterday and today was really cool to fish in! Good luck everyone.. I’m back up on Thursday and hoping the rainy forecast changes! Chanel 68 “Ohana”
SWC
Lol, yeah man it was a great week. Good luck!

Two days into our four day trip. Excellent fishing inside and out. Springs 15-30lbs hitting everything from skinny Gs, choices, plugs to hoochies. Camel rock is probably a top choice, but San Carlo and beer can have tons of fish and 1/10th the number of boats. Get it while it’s hot.

Is there going to be an inside commercial Gillnet or troll fishery this summer in Nootka? If so when?
SWC

Just back from Nootka. Great fishing easy limits of springs inside normal spots and outside. Bottom fishing was productive , limit of lingcod at the can and trolled up a couple halibut on our way in. Awesome trip

Attachments

• 0D3B0DB4-547F-4DCD-96F2-B117DE9DBB31.jpeg
    0D3B0DB4-547F-4DCD-96F2-B117DE9DBB31.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 241
  • DE97AA32-2878-4E70-829A-FF5C839ACA56.jpeg
    DE97AA32-2878-4E70-829A-FF5C839ACA56.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 814
  • 65E9A338-B15F-47F3-9821-E30878799E9E.jpeg
    65E9A338-B15F-47F3-9821-E30878799E9E.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 228
Beautiful photo!

index.php

Just back from Nootka. Great fishing easy limits of springs inside normal spots and outside. Bottom fishing was productive , limit of lingcod at the can and trolled up a couple halibut on our way in. Awesome trip
A great few days indeed. I was one of the knucklehead firemen in #9 on the Grady. Nice chatting with u guys… all the best!

Back