2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Anybody catching off Lazo yet? Seems like this time last year there was lots of action. I’ve tried with little luck so far.

Picked up a keeper (65cm) in 14-11 yesterday. Also picked up a nice fat P-Cod by accident. Brought a lot of undersized springs to the boat the whole day, mostly on various hoochie/flasher combos. Thought I saw a few other boats net some nicer fish. Beautiful day out there.

Fished this afternoon in the bowl by lazo
Things got snotty so we only spent 2 hours out there. Nothing to report

Any updates from Kitty Coleman today (Thursday the 26th)?

I plan on heading out tomorrow morning. I have heard that to the SW of the hump, closer to the ferry, has been doing well, but have only heard the one report so far.

Fished the Kitty Coleman hump today from 9am to noon, 3 keepers, an undersized and lost one, 230 ft on the downrigger and south of the hump seemed the most productive with a white hoochie and a blue green spoon

Fished the kitty hump this afternoon. Picked up 3 in the slot to take home. bait was on the north end and that’s were we got the fish. herring aid skinny g did the work. lots Of shakers and dogs to stay away from. Had to keep the speed up and stay a bit off the bottom to keep the dogs off.

Fished Lazo today, not a lot of action. A few undersize. Bait seemed to be on the shelf, lots of fish jumping on the surface. A few other boats there, not sure if they had better luck.

Last edited:
I fished the hump yesterday, mostly Circling around the pinnacle I stacked three plugs on one side and a white hoochie or spoon on the other side. Found clouds of bait off the bottom and tones of arches on the sounder down to 100ft. Lots of little salmon jumping at the surface and one dogfish finning too. So many little taps/hits on the gear that was driving us crazy (I’m guessing it was the small 12” salmon we saw). One coho hit a plug which was a fun experience as plugs are new to me
No chinook for me yesterday but a good day overall

We got 3 keepers at kitty on Saturday all around slack tide. 6lbs, 9lbs, 16lbs. All caught on spoons.

With the wind, we headed south from Comox today, boxed 2 silver bright springs, released a few smaller springs and 2 beautiful wild coho, one of the cohos was the size of the largest spring we bonked..

Attachments

• received_286223316600575.jpeg
    received_286223316600575.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 82
Went out to Kitty Monday night (30th). Lots of undersized chinook, a couple pacific cod, several dog fish (seemed to catch them regardless of trolling speed). Also had a few interesting catches, see pics :)

Also had a chinook that was about 45 cm, snagged in the back barely through the skin, dragged him up sideways. Not sure how that hook held on. Swam away quickly with a story to tell!

Fished mostly spoons and hootchies, but plugs for a short bit also.

IMG_7564.jpgimage0 (1).jpeg

Went out to Kitty Monday night (30th). Lots of undersized chinook, a couple pacific cod, several dog fish (seemed to catch them regardless of trolling speed). Also had a few interesting catches, see pics :)

Also had a chinook that was about 45 cm, snagged in the back barely through the skin, dragged him up sideways. Not sure how that hook held on. Swam away quickly with a story to tell!

Fished mostly spoons and hootchies, but plugs for a short bit also.

View attachment 69928View attachment 69929
Hey now--some good fish head stew there Bye !

Fished the south end of Hornby the last couple days, only undersized springs for us. Tried the mouth of the Big Q last night, hit a couple pinks. Didn't see much action or nets out.

Back