2024 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Had an epic- day at the Kitty hump on sun last-working around the 157 spot height probably 12 around the 62cm ish mark and 2 really nice 12 to 14 lbs, Very red-really prime. 250 ft on the rigger with a 20 lb ball and of course contouring up as we came close to the spot height. They had 6 inch herring in their gut but I had most of my hits on a herring aide colored flashtail on a 36 inch tie. I'm finished now as family time is required but I still see a few flatish days before the end of the month. Very worthwhile!!

Went out last Friday, around Hornby. Wind in the morning made it uncomfortable, but eventually the waves died down early afternoon. Caught a couple Chinook down at 200', just under sized, on green and gold spoon behind a green flasher. Saw some hits on the finder up at about 80', so tried trolling higher. Turned out those were all coho, which of course was non retention at that time. Prawning was terrible over by Deep Bay. I really need to find a different prawn hole.

Any suggestions on crab locations near Hornby/Denman? South/east of Flora?

Back