2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On tues we had a spring straighten a snap swivel and we lost a bloody nose cop car teaser head behind a blue moojelly/glow flasher. It was a big fish. Could have still been it swimming around exhausted.

We saw a gibbs delta highliner flasher cruising on the surface on Wednesday. We were fishing though so couldn't go assist. Felt bad for the fish. Check your knots and line boys.

Caught 8 springs in last week & half at Camp Bing...Caveat...all were smaller then 9 inches. Odd larger one but have to work hard & long for them.

Yeah little later when I went last year. The key is 120' with a pink hootchie. But with the fishing at sandheads and cap ide probably not grind that right now.

Yeah little later when I went last year. The key is 120' with a pink hootchie. But with the fishing at sandheads and cap ide probably not grind that right now.

I fish the Byng area a lot in July to Sept and every fish I bonked there up to last weekend was on the 45' shelf, I never pick anything up any deeper...its a rush because a spring with a stinger in its jaw in shallow bolts out to sea for deep water so its on to keep tension in the line.

We saw a gibbs delta highliner flasher cruising on the surface on Wednesday. We were fishing though so couldn't go assist. Felt bad for the fish. Check your knots and line boys.
I think we got tangled up with the fish that’s been dragging the flasher. Suddenly the port rod was pushed over against the motor. We looked in the water and saw a 40+ pound Chinook hanging out by the motors. When we tried to net it was a little too deep. When we started pulling our line up the fish took off and left the gear. The line on the gear was broken right above the flasher . Lots of bite marks on the flasher with nice pink hooks.

Attachments

• 349CAB31-13F9-49C9-9B8F-B5F687228A2C.jpeg
    349CAB31-13F9-49C9-9B8F-B5F687228A2C.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 186
Slept in this morning and missed the high slack, too windy and few too many bevies last night. Waited for wind to die down and hung out in Buccaneer Bay until 4. Fished from 4-6 off Epsom. Marking lots on bottom so dropped them both in the mud. Landed one in pretty short order that was 37x25”(hatchery) and missed another good hit that popped clip. Will be back out tomorrow. Beautiful evening!724FDE04-8929-4E48-84B9-251AD2B513B7.png

Slept in this morning and missed the high slack, too windy and few too many bevies last night. Waited for wind to die down and hung out in Buccaneer Bay until 4. Fished from 4-6 off Epsom. Marking lots on bottom so dropped them both in the mud. Landed one in pretty short order that was 37x25”(hatchery) and missed another good hit that popped clip. Will be back out tomorrow. Beautiful evening!View attachment 56670

Awesome report, the tack from about 125' heading sw to around 300 is one of my favorite. Might be a bit breezy tomorrow but you have options on the inside if need be.

Got the wife and daughter out for a few hours this afternoon. N.Arm to Iona, 1/3 on legals, and a couple shakers.
Deeper today , 77 was good and all on herring. Chartreuse x chartreuse. Not a sniff on the anchovies. Beautiful afternoon.

Awesome report, the tack from about 125' heading sw to around 300 is one of my favorite. Might be a bit breezy tomorrow but you have options on the inside if need be.
Yeah was good out there. Seemed fishy. Was working the 100’ contour pretty tight right on bottom. Lots of bait and arcs down there. Lemon lime flasher with bloody nose teaser, large chovie. Was a marble, empty gut. Rigging up a traditional stick clamp thing to cook a piece over fire on the beach. Will report back on success level.EA22564D-3BF5-40D4-865F-A142455F65D7.png Strapped down between a split bow. Locked and loaded.

Attachments

• B5FB11CD-200D-4EC2-925B-9DAC55790402.png
    B5FB11CD-200D-4EC2-925B-9DAC55790402.png
    541.7 KB · Views: 77
  • F29D1B58-A633-4A50-ADF7-BDDE612A6C9D.png
    F29D1B58-A633-4A50-ADF7-BDDE612A6C9D.png
    989.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Fished SH today. 2 chinooks one coho. Spring around 8 AM. coho around 12 PM. Another chinook around 2:45 PM. All whites :(
index.php

Fished 8:30 - 4:30 today. Tough slogging but we managed a few fish on between hours of nothin. 22 lb marble spring around 10 am at t-10, 33 ft medium herring. A few hours later about a 7 lb wild coho. Around 3 pm we moved to the bell buoy and landed a 14 lb white 67ft on Chovy. Worked hard but we’re happy with the catch as all we managed yesterday was one undersized.

Slept in this morning and missed the high slack, too windy and few too many bevies last night. Waited for wind to die down and hung out in Buccaneer Bay until 4. Fished from 4-6 off Epsom. Marking lots on bottom so dropped them both in the mud. Landed one in pretty short order that was 37x25”(hatchery) and missed another good hit that popped clip. Will be back out tomorrow. Beautiful evening!View attachment 56670

Thats a beauty fish well over 25lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back