2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Gower Point on the 15th counted 18 boats no one looking like they had much success. Got pounded yesterday for about an hour before I packed up marking big bait balls around 70 ft but no takers

I'm sitting at our place north of Gower Pt and it won't be reasonably fishable for 3 days as the NW winds have arrived. Its rolling by big time so it's going to be fun pushing through this to the lee side of texada later today lol.

Btw Epsom had 30+ boats (fixed!) On the 15th, we bonked one quickly then peeled out of there for lasquetti. Great day.

Last edited:
I'm sitting at our place north of Gower Pt and it won't be reasonably fishable for 3 days as the NW winds have arrived. Its rolling by big time so it's going to be fun pushing through this to the lee side of texada later today lol.

Btw Epsom had 30+ on the 15th, we bonked one quickly then peeled out of there for lasquetti. Great day.
You gonna fish Upwood to Anderson tact?

Anyone know if the area around cabbage island and the end of Saturna Island is open to salmon fishing .. looks like it is going by the attached map

Attachments

• B8F10466-A0EF-4848-A265-4A4B7980E28E.jpeg
    B8F10466-A0EF-4848-A265-4A4B7980E28E.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 58
Just a heads up the whales have gone up the straits this afternoon heading west. Saw them passing white islets around 430 PM.

Scratchy night then missed beauty buzzerbeater. Hope the winds hold off you I can sneak up to pender harbor tomorrow am!

Strait_of_Georgia_and_Howe_Sound.jpeg

9:35am update. Too windy for me a around Gower Pount and Cape Roger Curtis. Also SO MUCH seaweed and tide lines. Had a wild coho on anchovy.

Pictures just don’t capture it. Wind has been increasing and there are whitecaps. Seems to be wind over tide.

Gonna go hide by Cowan Point or maybe along WVan shoreline

Anybody else out today?

9:35am update. Too windy for me a around Gower Pount and Cape Roger Curtis. Also SO MUCH seaweed and tide lines. Had a wild coho on anchovy.

Pictures just don’t capture it. Wind has been increasing and there are whitecaps. Seems to be wind over tide.

Gonna go hide by Cowan Point or maybe along WVan shoreline

Anybody else out today?
Was gonna take wifey out to CRC for some coho action, guess that's out she gets sick just sitting at beach watching waves roll in,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back