2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your boat will be fine in the harbour and around the West Van shoreline as long as you are monitoring wind forecasts and tides. Whenever opposing winds and tides meet near Vanier or the Cap it can get ugly. I fished these waters for years in my 13.5’ Gregor and did well except for days I let my guard down and didn’t check winds and tides close enough.

As for the Pinks there are already some around and they can be readily caught trolling or casting if in numbers.

Thanks a lot !
D

Good day everyone
New member here in need of guidance. I've been a "river fisherman" for a long time. This year i said its time to join the " Big League" and go on the ocean...so two downriggers went on my 16 ft AlumaCraftt , 70 hp Nissan aluminum boat. Also have a 9.9hp Nissan trolling motor. So firs day: launch the boat at Vanier Park and cross towards Pink Apartments... beautiful calm day ...until I hit the big waves headed towards Lions Gate .Gentlemen, that was the scare of my life. Anyhow , I made it back , tail between my legs to Vanier . My boat is too small for this...
That being said : I took it up Burrard Inlet quit a few times and I've never had any issue. My question for you : i would love to go for pinks (I am very aware of RCA areas fishing closures). When fishing for pinks in the Inlet you guys still use the downriggers or just regular cast and retrieve? When does the pink hit the Arm ? I would love to put a couple in my boat to sweeten the look in my wife's eyes : )). I'm sure you guys here know what I mean...
Thank you so much in advance for reading. Any kind of guidance will be much appreciated
D

I fished out of a 16’ starcraft 18hp in vanier numerous times and never had a problem. This was october and it gets really busy at that time. I always hit early am was lucky never had chop. If you want pinks use a hootchie with pink on it and your set

Hit looks like a 12lbs coho off gower at 35’ right s the sun was down. Army truck hootchie also had some takes at 150’ on chovies. Lost a cannon ball im part of the club now
qBo9Cdy.jpg

zIVuViS.jpg

Last edited:
Hit looks like a 12lbs coho off gower at 35’ right s the sun was down. Army truck hootchie also had some takes at 150’ on chovies. Lost a cannon ball im part of the club now
qBo9Cdy.jpg

zIVuViS.jpg
Looks like a tyee!

Got our 5 man limit at sandheads today between 2:30-3:45. 31, 17, 15 and 2x12 lbs. All on anchovies and herring aid spoons, 40-80 ft on the riggers. Not a bad way to kick off the long weekend!
Were they whites? Nice work

Anybody out at sand heads what’s the wind like so far , strong wind warning in effect for today

Anyone have reports on conditions heading up the coast? Trying to get out of False Creek heading up to Thormanby. In a bit of a holding pattern right now. Doesn't look like it's getting any better overnight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back