2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It's bloody slow! Couple unders. One lost to a rookie, handful of undersized, moving around. No bait!!!

Herring AND anchovy

It's bloody slow! Couple unders. One lost to a rookie, handful of undersized, moving around. No bait!!!

Herring AND anchovy
Us too. One keeper on a bloody Deep Six with an anchovie... yah Deep Six, it was THAT SLOW.

Bite just turned on at SH. Converted a dbl header and seen 3 or 4 others hook up in the last 30 mins.

11 and 13 lbs. 17 from 11 am this morning.

50 - 70 ft. Anchovies and grandé herring.

EDIT: not much of a bite after that brief flurry. Put in another hour and couldn't get the last one.

Also, lost a ripper in the morning. So a few fish around, but pretty scratchy. Beauty day though, glad to make it out today with the change in the EC forecast.

Attachments

• IMG_2922.JPG
    IMG_2922.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Just left sandheads.

We fished from 1130 -4 and got lots of grilse and eventually 2 keepers a 24 and a 13.

Fishing 5.5" anchovies 50 - 75 feet. Fish were in 80 - 120 feet of water.

Bite just turned on at SH. Converted a dbl header and seen 3 or 4 others hook up in the last 30 mins.

11 and 13 lbs. 17 from 11 am this morning.

50 - 70 ft. Anchovies and grandé herring.

EDIT: not much of a bite after that brief flurry. Put in another hour and couldn't get the last one.

Also, lost a ripper in the morning. So a few fish around, but pretty scratchy. Beauty day though, glad to make it out today with the change in the EC forecast.

We left just before the flurry, but still finished with 2 keepers. Considering all the fish we saw hitting the surface between SH and Active Pass when we went across this morning, and then again on the way home, it's a wonder it was so slow today.

Launched out of N.Arm at 12:30 and went to T-10; worked it for an hour, nothing so on to Sandheads. Worked SH for the afternoon and was leaving after getting just two shakers and not seeing anyone else get any, trolling back toward T-10 well away from the pack and got a double header! Had both rods in hand with fish on both. The rod that felt like the bigger fish won as the other got off. Fish ended up wrapping around rigger wire, so I had to tail him into the boat. 19lb white spring buck. New anchovies and 2 minutes later a nice 23lb red doe. White was at 30ft and the red was 52ft. Flat calm; nice afternoon.

Quiet for me this afternoon out at North Arm...no runs no hits no errors......didn't see anyone land a fish.......but beauty way to spend an afternoon

...couldn't believe how calm it was i could have gone across in my 16'.....

View attachment 35189

We came over from Salt Spring, and were surprised to find it got rougher the closer to home we got. The Straight was beautiful, Trincomali was chippy, and then Captain's Passage & Ganges Harbour were a pain in the a**. Of course those conditions were exacerbated by the Big Cruisers laying up wakes you could surf on.

We came over from Salt Spring, and were surprised to find it got rougher the closer to home we got. The Straight was beautiful, Trincomali was chippy, and then Captain's Passage & Ganges Harbour were a pain in the a**. Of course those conditions were exacerbated by the Big Cruisers laying up wakes you could surf on.

I've been sitting here on the tip of Crane Point which is the south side of Village Bay, with the exception of boat wakes it has been like a lake out here. Went out on the boat for a quick watch of some orcas last night and they were creating the only ripple in the water. :D:D:cool:

I've thought about doing it some days just to try it ,but it will never happen ,i know the wind can kick up at anytime ,also not much experience on the other side as i've
i've heard of rip tides between islands .

Quite a few 12-14ft boats fishing the south arm, that should tell ya how the wind is blowing. Two teens in the box. Morning was slow. Better evening so far.

I struck out yesterday fishing from 8 to 2 between the North Arm and T10. Tried everything. There was a lot of bait around on the surface. Very slooooow fishing but a gorgeous day so I caught lots of sun.

Last edited:
Well glad I ventured out, going up the river was a tad ugly but once you got to sandheads it wasn't too bad. This afternoon it flattened out quite nicely. Stayed with the crowd for the first 3 hours with nothing to show for it then headed out to 300' and towards delta port and within 30 minutes we limited out on springs, 2 in the high teens and 2 in the mid teens, the only boat within a mile... funny how that works...

Back