2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

The pizza guys got a couple at 90' West of QB on anchovies on the high slack this morning.

My attempt at Lings at Thrasher on Saturday was pitiful at best. Managed three rock fish between four of us jigging for 4 hours non-stop. Lost 4 or 5 rigs to boot. That current and wind is a killer sometimes.

We put in a big shift of bottom fishing on Saturday also. Worked very hard for our 2 lings.

We had non stop action on the early flood tide of thrasher on Sunday. Picked up 4 springs lost some and had lot's close to legal size. Herring was the producer for us. Most fish all above 80 feet in 400 to 600 ft deep of the marker.

We put in a big shift of bottom fishing on Saturday also. Worked very hard for our 2 lings.
Yah we saw you out there working the drift lol. You're in that Trophy with all the gear on top correct? I'm pretty sure we're neighbours at Burrard. I'm at the far end of AA float.

Only had an hour this evening to fish so went for a one way troll from QA to the Bell with the tide. Noticed bait close to surface by the bell so raised one rod to 35'. Ran out of time and packed up the deep rod and rigger. Just about to start packing up the shallow side when BAM. Landed a 11lb wild white spring on skinny g homeland security - my favourite spoon. Was surprised as I was almost by the second mile marker. Beautiful night. Sure is fun solo landing a fish.

Only had an hour this evening to fish so went for a one way troll from QA to the Bell with the tide. Noticed bait close to surface by the bell so raised one rod to 35'. Ran out of time and packed up the deep rod and rigger. Just about to start packing up the shallow side when BAM. Landed a 11lb wild white spring on skinny g homeland security - my favourite spoon. Was surprised as I was almost by the second mile marker. Beautiful night. Sure is fun solo landing a fish.
This spoon caught the majority of my springs last year. It gets a lot of time in the water now!

Went out Monday and didn't get a sniff. Was more of a shakedown run for the new rig so the fishing wasn't primary. Saw one bait ball near the QA but other than that pretty barren on the sounder.

Went out Monday and didn't get a sniff. Was more of a shakedown run for the new rig so the fishing wasn't primary. Saw one bait ball near the QA but other than that pretty barren on the sounder.
Thanks for the info but for me to run to HITW is similar to Thrasher, as OnTick mentioned its an on off spot for sure. Never forget the days we spent in the 70's mooching with live herring anchored in 200 feet of water. And we did that in the Sun Derby in a 12 foot boat, I think that year the winner turned out to be a fish the guy bought frozen up north. lol

Did HITW this AM. Bite for an hour then dead. Hooked four ,boxed two. One on bait second on spoon. Not a lot of bait showing on souder.

image.jpeg Thrasher was on fire for a couple of hours , I had double headers and brought over a dozen legal fish to the boat. Kept the nicest 2 , I found it was taking longer to revive fish before releasing and I believe it was due to longer time bringing them in rough water.

Just set up a poll in the Saltwater thread about Vancouver trap theft. If this topic interests you or you have had traps stolen or raided...check it out. The last 4 months have been ridiculous.... and from talking with more than a few friends....this is the worst it has ever been....

Was out from 7:30am - 6:30pm

Fished bell until noon and didn't get a nibble so moved over to the QA and landed one in about an hour. Slowed down for a bit then hit one undersize and 2 keepers (which we released) right at low slack. 3 fish caught at 56' and one at 80' with the usual combination of glow, orange, red and green spoons. Fish were caught in 500-750' of water.

Any reports from hole in the wall today or were the bulk of the the fish caught at QA? Wondering where to go tomorrow am...

Was out from 7:30am - 6:30pm

Fished bell until noon and didn't get a nibble so moved over to the QA and landed one in about an hour. Slowed down for a bit then hit one undersize and 2 keepers (which we released) right at low slack. 3 fish caught at 56' and one at 80' with the usual combination of glow, orange, red and green spoons. Fish were caught in 500-750' of water.

Nice, I would prefer fishing this side for sure and QA is a favourite. I find more and more people are releasing fish and keeping only what they need.
I'll report tomorrow.

Fished QA this evening from 430-7 . Got into about 7 fish. 2 keepers and lots of unders. Lost one other keeper at the side of the boat. One double header and overall pretty consistent action.

Then pulled crab traps off pt grey (no poachers !) And hauled in 10 nice crabs.

Fish were on skinny G's and other spoons mostly in outfitter colour scheme. 75-115 feet deep in 700 feet of water. We got them on either side of the timeline.

IMG_20170518_192922.jpg

Good fishing at thrasher yesterday! We fished in a little deeper water 1000'-1200' and ran two anchovies (green brine and shined) at 157' - 175' with green glow flashers. As soon as we hit the first keeper we marked the spot and just kept turning on it and got fish every tack. Prawning was terrible but didn't have high expectations so I'll take the 12 prawns as a bonus snack. Crabbing was good as well with limits with no soft shell. Best part was I didn't loose any traps this trip! Lots of fish around so enjoy the weekend and hopefully the wind stays down.

Back