2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I spent the weekend between thrasher and fingers, the Chinook seemed to be scattered all over the outer shelf, even got one trolling the reef East of entrance island.
Lots between 58 - 75cm.
Managed to catch our mother's day dinner and send her home with another decent 17#
Green spatter back Jughead and hootchies, and no bananas skinny g between 90 and 145'

Attachments

• momfish.jpg
    momfish.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 172
I spent the weekend between thrasher and fingers, the Chinook seemed to be scattered all over the outer shelf, even got one trolling the reef East of entrance island.
Lots between 58 - 75cm.
Managed to catch our mother's day dinner and send her home with another decent 17#
Green spatter back Jughead and hootchies, and no bananas skinny g between 90 and 145'

Good job! Not sure if it's just the picture, but it kind of looks like the water is a little dirty. Is some of the mucky fraser outflow starting to make its way across?

Good job! Not sure if it's just the picture, but it kind of looks like the water is a little dirty. Is some of the mucky fraser outflow starting to make its way across?

It definitely look that way. My lines were much cleaner though, so at least it pushed all those disgusting jellyfish out of there.

Last edited:
Planning to go on the weekend. Winds look nice as of now. Hopefully another push a fresh fish move into our area sooooonnnn!!

Between the weather and the algae I haven't been excited but plan to go tomorrow around Hump, anyone been out?

Managed a couple around the QA on Sunday and lost a keeper amongst a few undersized.

Had a pod of whales roll thru as well.

Ditto on the QA on Sunday. Was out solo and was very badly abused by a seal on the first good fish I had on ... chased and battled the stupid thing for 15 minutes before I gave up and snapped it off. I then fumed for about 30 minutes and sent a whining text to the much better half about not finding a fish for the Mother/Mother In Law's Day ... within 5 minutes of sending the whining text the fish gods put me on to a patch of fish that I was lucky enough to stay on and I went 2 for 4 on good fish in one 25 minute stretch to call it a day (there is a fish god). Was fishing between 75 ft and 100 ft with anchovies and a Skinny G.

thrasher and surrounding areas still pumping out fish. Dont fall into the pack of boats, monkey see monkey do deal, think about where the tides would be pushing fish on the ebbs and the floods Been finding them on structure out of the pack while other boats put around in a pack offshore. ling has been outstanding also.

Ditto on the QA on Sunday. Was out solo and was very badly abused by a seal on the first good fish I had on ... chased and battled the stupid thing for 15 minutes before I gave up and snapped it off. I then fumed for about 30 minutes and sent a whining text to the much better half about not finding a fish for the Mother/Mother In Law's Day ... within 5 minutes of sending the whining text the fish gods put me on to a patch of fish that I was lucky enough to stay on and I went 2 for 4 on good fish in one 25 minute stretch to call it a day (there is a fish god). Was fishing between 75 ft and 100 ft with anchovies and a Skinny G.
Lol, thats one thing I like about Thrasher are lack of seals. Hoping winds allow me to get out and I'll report, I also keep hearing Porlier is pretty good this year.

Don't run across. Tons of fish being boxed this side. Information is out there.... seek and ye shall find. ;)

Hint: Think bait.
Hint: close....close...very close .... ;)

Last edited:
The pizza guys got a couple at 90' West of QB on anchovies on the high slack this morning.

My attempt at Lings at Thrasher on Saturday was pitiful at best. Managed three rock fish between four of us jigging for 4 hours non-stop. Lost 4 or 5 rigs to boot. That current and wind is a killer sometimes.

Lol.

Report or riddle thread? For the new guys he is talking bout HITW. The most off/on fishing location near Vancouver.

as long as that bait stays there....it'll keep on rolling. When the baitfish disappear watch it switch to "off" in a hurry. ;) until then....do laps.....twee hundred fiffffteee laps....

Don't run across. Tons of fish being boxed this side. Information is out there.... seek and ye shall find. ;)

Hint: Think bait.
Hint: close....close...very close .... ;)

Thanks for the info but for me to run to HITW is similar to Thrasher, as OnTick mentioned its an on off spot for sure. Never forget the days we spent in the 70's mooching with live herring anchored in 200 feet of water. And we did that in the Sun Derby in a 12 foot boat, I think that year the winner turned out to be a fish the guy bought frozen up north. lol

Ditto on the QA on Sunday. Was out solo and was very badly abused by a seal on the first good fish I had on ... chased and battled the stupid thing for 15 minutes before I gave up and snapped it off. .

Teja....think we saw you battling that seal, it was a good fight.

Back