2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I as well had a couple prawn traps find a new home last Tuesday and my othe two were moved but recovered with one completely empty trap and one full so they obviously got spooked is my guess anyway. That's six traps this year for us. Fishing was great but it sure puts a bad taste in your mouth when these things happen.

I know of someone else whose traps were pulled...s..one option.... put the traps down and grab lunch and a couple of pops....troll within sight of your traps at the end of your trip. The first hour and a bit of freshly baited crab traps is all you need...prawn traps 3 hours in a good spot. I find myself suspicious of the small car toppers and inflatable type rafts off Jericho...

Fishing out at Silva bay today and tomorrow crossed from Cates park yesterday, smoothest crossing ever. Going to start by targeting lingcod then switch to salmon. Going out at 10:30 monitoring 16 and 88

3 in the box, released a few legal sin hopes for a big one at thrasher. Lots of just unders. Went to QA as the bite turned off like a switch
Thanks for the report port Mattias we got a late start and fished lings first, what time did the bite come on this morning thanks

Fished QA for a bit at low slack. Didn't get a good feeling so I've moved to Bowen to see what's going on there

3 in the box, released a few legal sin hopes for a big one at thrasher. Lots of just unders. Went to QA as the bite turned off like a switch

We're at QA right now been dead for the last few hours. Not even any shakers

Should have stayed at work. Not even a nibble.

Not bad out, but enviro Canada is havin a laugh. Winds weren't light.

Had 2 keepers at QA in the last 1 1/2 hours and a couple of smalls. Following same track south of QA. Green and white spoon yellow flasher

Back