2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Also, today killed two mid twenties and a teener, lost another fish that was somewhere north of 20. All fish plugged with red label sized herring, and that's what we got them on in the top 60 ' of water. Between t10 and north arm area. Side with no flasher took all strikes.

Fished just east of the bell today for a couple hours but no bites with bait and hoochies. Lots on the sounder below 100'. Noticed three or four logs tied together floating out there and saw them again after we lunched in false creek. They must have swept up some crab floats and traps. One orange and two red and white. Last seen near second beach if anyone's looking!

Attachments

• IMG_3261.JPG
    IMG_3261.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 90
Sandheads seems to have slowed down for me in the last 3 days. For a while I seem to be getting chinooks on every tide but now it seems like I only get them in the morning again.
The pinks also seem inconsistent some days I'll get 6 and some days I'll get one.
All things being equal I think I'd be more inclined to head to the North Shore this week.

Man these reports have got me jonesing to get out. Currently in Greece, where dynamite fishing 50 yrs ago has pretty much taken care of their inshore fish populations. I tried fishing a few spots, didn't get any bites, so I slapped on the snorkel gear and decided to see where they were hiding...they must have been hiding well, because everything I saw were tiny reef fish, with the biggest being a pair of 10" blue runners. Sure makes me thankful for our local fishery. The beaches, food and people make up for the lousy fishing though. If I get out on a boat with some locals I'll post some pics. Keep hammering them guys, but save some for me!

View attachment 34853 View attachment 34851 Fishing Sandheads has been consistent. I've actually landed way more Sockeyes than Pinks so far.

Landed a Spring on each of last three outings this week. All on hootchies and farther out.

Roll some Anchovies and get your nose dirty, and get a lot more action. ... That's all you need to know... ;) No excuses. Double digits for those so inclined.

Lol let him go then ..... more fish for us then :p
Ended up being not a bad trip across. Stopped in at Sandheads on the way home and got into non-stop dogs. Just couldn't keep them off.

Forgot to say the Spring was caught at 30' by the mile marker on a Chovy. Dropped the lines for 5 minutes on the way out.
20170817_182402.jpg

Last edited:
Was at Sandheads for a few hours tonight got into two nice ones first one got busted off by another boats rigger it was screaming line out and the other boat didn't see it till it was to late and the second one popped off about 5 mins into the fight ,got a small pink and spring .Seen a boat just before sunset get into a nice one also .

I was the guy being a butt to ya lol with the orange kingfisher I was in a ***** mood just lost two of those before that sorry about that bud, glad ya got that one I seen it put up a good fight for ya and it got too dark for me to tell if ya netted it .

I was the guy being a butt to ya lol with the orange kingfisher I was in a ***** mood just lost two of those before that sorry about that bud, glad ya got that one I seen it put up a good fight for ya and it got too dark for me to tell if ya netted it .

lol all good man I got over it quickly. Nice pro-mod Vette. That yours?

Ya I wasn't thinking when I turned I thought you went by in the outside lol ya that's my baby I just put a 959 Sonny's in it with 6 kits of juice on it , I'm heading out all weekend last year in the classic was epic fishing for me !!

Ya I wasn't thinking when I turned I thought you went by in the outside lol ya that's my baby I just put a 959 Sonny's in it with 6 kits of juice on it , I'm heading out all weekend last year in the classic was epic fishing for me !!
Did you buy tickets this year I remember last year you would have won it lol

Gorgeous car man that Sonny's looks insane too. I'm sure I've seen your car at the dragstrip and next time I'll pop over to the pits and check it out. Good luck this weekend I'll be bobbin around out there too.

Cheers

Fishing West Van to Pt Atkinson. Landed 1 pink, 1 wild coho. Lost 1. Large anchovies schools around.

Snagged an anchovies while going through a school of bait fish, landed it, put it in the teaser head... Landed a pink. Classic!

Winds are waning.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Back