2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Tough fishing this morning at thrasher for us. Fished tight to shore with all the other boats. 1 keeper and 2 unders. Didn't stay too long. Fished the hump in the afternoon and but a couple more in the box.

BBB

IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3784.JPG IMG_3795.JPG IMG_3793.JPG IMG_3798.JPG IMG_3795.JPG IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3784.JPG On Fire is an understatement. It's Haida Gwaii in the Salish Sea!

Local guides in Vancouver are limiting 4 guests and catching and releasing until they get their limits.

Predator Charters, Pacific Angler, BonChovy Fishing Charters, and Reel Finatic Charters and Amazing Fishing Charters have all repeated that performance multiple times in the last few days.

It's a super early fishery this year and is easily the best in 25 years. Lots of "close to legal " and lots of fish from 9-12 pounds. Odd one up to 15 pounds.

Get a family together and grab a guide boat quick if your run is not ready or up to the task. I figure if any of these guides still have open days and the weather is conducive to heading over while these fish are around... you do it.

Last edited:
Must have a secret spot as the large mass of boats I saw did not have "on fire" action! Then again what do I know.

One of the pics above is from today...the others are in the last 48 hours.

Fish offshore. If you see a Grady with a bunch of people on board I guarantee you they're hitting fish.

Please turn in your hatchery fish heads.

Thank You.

We put one in the box and 5 undersized at Bowen... most of the action was south east bowen.... beauty morning out...

Couldn't agree with you more ;)

When guides are losing count of how many fish they are hitting....and it's like Sockeye fishing and you can't keep 2 rods in the water....you know it's incredible.

As for unlucky me....I can't complain about working doubletime overtime... but then again... I feel like I'm in the Breakfast Club in Detention Hall.

Last winter wasn't quite as good as this one, but was great fishing. Let's hope it stays this way through the summer....

As for unlucky me....I can't complain about working doubletime overtime... but then again... I feel like I'm in the Breakfast Club in Detention Hall.[/QUOTE]

Is the bottom rig a Pesca spoon?

Attachments

• IMG_2124.PNG
    IMG_2124.PNG
    880.4 KB · Views: 88
Will be out tomorrow but don't have time to run across. Likely will be at the Hump.

Last edited:
As for unlucky me....I can't complain about working doubletime overtime... but then again... I feel like I'm in the Breakfast Club in Detention Hall.

Is the bottom rig a Pesca spoon?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I believe that is a Gibbs-Delta Glo-Force Trailhead.

There are several different pieces of gear in those pics. A common denominator is glo and/UV.

Just get an Irish Cream, Green Glo, Cookie and Cream, Glow Cop Car or Herring Aid down there in spoons and hang on.

If you like Hoochies... the green-glow spacklebacks, Glows, all kinds of ones are working.

Just get some gear in the water!!!! It'll all work

Last edited:
Looks more like a Gibbs G-Force Trailhead,
Mustad hook and both rings welded. The Pesca's that I have are one welded and one split ring.

Not a fan of those hooks on those spoons... i don't think they are Mustads on the Gibbs stuff...they straighten out easily on the big fish when you pull on them (I have seen them straighten out).

The Gibbs hooks practically disintegrates after 2 days fishing with sharpening.

It's worth the run across! It was as good as it gets over there today! 4 people on the boat limited in a few hrs.

Believe me, if time was on out side we would. Need yo be back at RVYC for 1pm.

On saying that...We have called many an audible in our days.

Back