2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Went out Sunday also tried from the mile marker to the QA seen Chovy land one and we lost two , got our limit of crabs and tried a new prawn spot and managed just under 400 and all big ones that made my day :)

Went out Sunday also tried from the mile marker to the QA seen Chovy land one and we lost two , got our limit of crabs and tried a new prawn spot and managed just under 400 and all big ones that made my day :)
How long of a soak is that? I keep trying but only managing 10-15 prawns per trap. I know I'm in decent areas. Whats the secret?!

We soaked them from 9-4 and I use sardines and canned salmon I have tried lots of different combos with bait and this seems to work the best..

pulled 6 traps infront of lions bay with a buddy today, about 20 prawns per trap... mostly smaller prawns, but suprisingly there was a good haul of large shrimp mixed in with the prawns, and a small octopus.

ive been targeting box crab for the last few years (with little success) so i tried a new spot, loaded the traps up with a bait cup packed with prawn bait and about 2 lbs of freezer burnt salmon. Tomorrow afternoon will make it a 2 day soak. might leave it for a third day? I understand that theyre slow moving and longer soaks are better.

heres one i caught 4 years ago
IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

Going to give the hump a go tomorrow. Can anyone share any wisdom as to how to fish the area? Which way to tack, hazards, general area/depths to target?
Cheers

Going to give the hump a go tomorrow. Can anyone share any wisdom as to how to fish the area? Which way to tack, hazards, general area/depths to target?
Cheers
I'll be fishing Tunstall/Hump today too, on way out. Goodluck and see ya out there!

I am going to try and fish the afternoon low. If you have the opportunity to update the wind and wave report it would be appreciated.
Good luck

Gonna try the hump Thursday.. what're your guys favourite tides to fish out there? massive area, usually I just find a tack where the gear is running nicely and cover as much ground as possible. Anyone else got any favourite tips/tricks out there?

I am going to try and fish the afternoon low. If you have the opportunity to update the wind and wave report it would be appreciated.
Good luck
Tucked into Tunstall too after that nice outflow from the sound. Also wondering what the wind is doing out there.

This is from 20 minutes ago on Facebook.....not sure if that was earlier or recent? There was one more shot he posted with a bit more wind chop but judging by the light/sun being brighter....I think this is the more recent of them.

upload_2017-4-11_11-53-35.png

@Chasin' Dreams passed me this morning so hopefully he has another good report for us.
Hi Cory was that you in the blue boat on the entrance to Tunstall?
I was heading over to drop crab pots past there kinda towards Keats then went out to the hump where I got a couple keepers and an undersized. All on bait at around 80 feet at the south east end. Then pulled my prawn traps around 2 30 pm and got nothing but lots of small octopus and few shrimp...20170411_140755.jpg 20170411_150200.jpg

Hi Cory was that you in the blue boat on the entrance to Tunstall?
I was heading over to drop crab pots past there kinda towards Keats then went out to the hump where I got a couple keepers and an undersized. All on bait at around 80 feet at the south east end. Then pulled my prawn traps around 2 30 pm and got nothing but lots of small octopus and few shrimp...View attachment 32392 View attachment 32393

No.... You passed me on the Mary hill bypass while I was heading to work and you were heading out to have a much better day!

Back