2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

you can drink all you want on a boat as long as your of legal age and not the operator.
Its illegal to drink on a boat without a toilet and bed, I think. I got pulled over on my old maxum bowrider in front of kits beach and the guy asked "What do you know about drinking on an open bowed boat?"
I answered "It's frowned upon???"
He laughed and said "No it's illegal. Just don't let me get any calls about you guys being rowdy and I'll leave you alone."
Most of those guys are more than fair.

British Columbia boating and drinking laws (not that it is heavily enforced)

In B.C., the fines and penalties for operating a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs match the fines and penalties for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. There is NO difference between drunk driving and drunk boating.

Alcohol may be legally consumed on board a boat in British Columbia so long as the boat is licensed for alcohol consumption, or the boat has a permanent toilet, cooking facilities, sleeping facilities and it is anchored or docked.

https://www.boatsmartexam.com/know-the-facts-about-drinking-and-boating-in-canada/

very clear concise and makes perfect
sense. anyone who has witnessed or has personally been effected by this disregard for federal legislation can personally attest to the emotional physical and personal toll that can cost us all.

planes. trains. bus s. taxis it doesn t
matter what the mode of trasportation is
there is always a risk to the operator and others in general . Not sure why law enforcement is sooo laxed when it comes to boating....there are countless cases
of imparement to raise concern but could be due to the fact of lack of resources
on the water and rely heavily on public
cooperation and self governing...

Work hard and play safe...

3 unders and lost 1 today west side Bowen, beautiful day! Enough prawns for dinner with some friends and a couple crab made for a tasty meal. Homeland security & lemon lime flash was the ticket for me today, had all the action.

Heard one guy got 4 in the box. Didn't specify where

I know him. He dropped into a double header, landed them both and then boxed a couple of singles. He was fishing a popular spot.

Got one keeper today off tunstall. Dragged hootchies around for a while then switched to plugs and doubled the speed to cover ground. Got it on a 6" brownish plug, same plug has caught two in the last two weeks.

A bunch of crabs. But tried a new spot for prawns and caught zero! Gotta follow Mr69stingray around haha

Been pretty quiet on the local reports lately. Winds/rain have been bit nasty..Anybody heading out tomorrow? NW supposed to calm down a bit towards afternoon. Daughters been asking to skip school for a day to go fishing lol but the wife don't like that too much. Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission though lol.

Back