2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished 615pm to 8pm at the Bell tonight. Nothing to show for it other than a nice night out with the much better half. Didn't see anything caught either.

X3

Was out from 4 to 7:30 pm covering mile markers to North Arm. Very slow but a beauty night out.

Wasn't a total loss however. Had a buddy and his 6 year old son out who has never caught a fish. His son had a great time helping check the rods and put the bait on, and was over the moon when he brought up a little shaker. His "first" fish and it could've been a tyee given how excited he was.

Plus, I discovered that I have XM satellite radio hooked up to my head unit when I accidentally bumped the AUX button. Even better, the previous owner I bought the boat from in December is still paying the subscription fees! That's one winter project done as I have a subscription for the car and was planning on adding the hardware to the boat.

Last edited:
Fished the Bell also first light yesterday ,15min in dropping the line we got a nice 2 big head shakes at the second mile marker in tight
did not stick, that was pretty much it for the morning fish 6-12 .. Gonna try westvan waters ,haven't heard much from there .

The only boat i saw land a fish was a small white aluminum boat with a dad and 4year old
he was screaming with happiness was awesome ..

Last edited:
We're heading out for the afternoon tide, bell to sandheads I figure if the rollers don't knock our fillings out, white 26' Hourston...I know it has been quiet off UBC / freighters this morning and same for WV...good luck to all!

3 at the sandheads today after 8 hours of trolling, really sporadic.
1 of them had some discoloration around his collar, the other had an exposed jawbone in the corner of his mouth, looked like somebody has Horsed it and torn out his mouth at some point.
Looks pretty consistent between sandheads t10 and North arm now, couple here and there. The cooler weather is good for the river and the fish, but no more stacking them up for us like last week's heat.

Back