2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

What is so difficult about keeping this report thread about just that. Don't post your comments about other people's lack of abilities to fish, drive a boat, or any other topic that is going to take up space that has nothing to do with anything that members come to this thread to read about. This is basic forum etiquette 101.
I apologize to anyone I offended and the admin. Won't happen again.

What is so difficult about keeping this report thread about just that. Don't post your comments about other people's lack of abilities to fish, drive a boat, or any other topic that is going to take up space that has nothing to do with anything that members come to this thread to read about. This is basic forum etiquette 101.
Why not just leave it alone ? There was nobody stirring the pot or insulting each other. Your just setting it up now with you message to turn it into something. Leave it alone nothing happened per forum rules for you to intervene

Will be crossing from Saltspring as well tomorrow to fish with the masses at Sandheads. Been fishing Porlier regularly the last weeks - nothing spectacular but fairly steady action there over August for springs into the mid 20's but has tapered off over the last bit so seems like time to hit the river mouth. Will be the guy fishing solo in the 26' welded aluminim Wolf with twin 250's and blue raft in the roof - will stay out of everyone's way and happily pull my riggers if your fish heads my way... :)

While the boat control complaints probably don't need to run a page or 2, it's still reports orientated.

I like to know if a certain area is full of jackass' almost as much as if the fish are there. I go to relax and bonk, not jostle and honk.

Incase you havent noticed the vancouver bunch is a pretty decent/tight crowd and we tend to rib each other a little
Im with the others Relax or hit the Ban button, I'm good either way!

Stuck it out for 12 hours on the water, got a double header in the evening at the bell - broke one off and netted a nice red in addition to the one I got this morning. Pulley blew off one rigger yesterday... so 2 springs and a bunch of pinks, sockeye and undersize wasn't too bad for a planer board and the surviving downrigger. Was fishing spoons and bait but got everything on spoons. Need to up my bait game!

Incase you havent noticed the vancouver bunch is a pretty decent/tight crowd and we tend to rib each other a little
Im with the others Relax or hit the Ban button, I'm good either way!
I have lots of friends with tin boats that fish the river as well as friends that own Bayliners and Trophies, as you say it's just ribbing. Like the Cap the South Arm is gong show once the fish show. I take a deep breath and avoid make hard turns which sometimes leads to a fish lol

Been doing that for a long time, I like the roll the smaller head gives.
Interestingly I did that last year only because I didn't have a herring teaser head. Ended up catching the biggest of the season and now won't use anything but the chovy teaser head for herring ;).

Been doing that for a long time, I like the roll the smaller head gives.
Interestingly I did that last year only because I didn't have a herring teaser head. Ended up catching the biggest of the season and now won't use anything but the chovy teaser head for herring ;).
Guys are these reports? I'm confused.;)

Last edited:
8 dogfish for me so far @ T10. 1 shaker. I should have checked to see if it was an Atlantic escapee. See the Pender Report

Perfect conditions, DFO doing their rounds which is nice to see. 0 for 1 shallow on bait.

Anyone found the hot depths?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Back