Here are the latest Terrafin shots...not looking very orange

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 135
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 125
Tough fishing has made for some interesting movement on the leaderboard in previous years. Looking forward to see who has what it takes this year!

Tough fishing has made for some interesting movement on the leaderboard in previous years. Looking forward to see who has what it takes this year!

I agree Andrew but I sure hope some people have some sense. It's all bravado etc. to go the extra mile but they are only fish. The water looks like it could change for the better next week. I sincerely hope so and I hope it goes well for all attending, not just the big boats. I may pop out there to fish later in the week or the last weekend if the conditions are right.

I am bowing out this year due to my son's leg operation and him not being able to come with us. Also work needs my full attention right now. I hope everyone has a great time. There will be one less drunken sailor this year lol. I have a couple of nice donation prizes coming up with Tidal Chaos on Friday night. Just make sure the bottles are still full when they get there ;).

Last edited:
Wishing everyone the best of luck this year, unable to make it again due to work obligations.

Be smart, stay safe and tight lines!

I agree Andrew but I sure hope some people have some sense. It's all bravado etc. to go the extra mile but they are only fish. The water looks like it could change for the better next week. I sincerely hope so and I hope it goes well for all attending, not just the big boats. I may pop out there to fish later in the week or the last weekend if the conditions are right.

I am bowing out this year due to my son's leg operation and him not being able to come with us. Also work needs my full attention right now. I hope everyone has a great time. There will be one less drunken sailor this year lol. I have a couple of nice donation prizes coming up with Tidal Chaos on Friday night. Just make sure the bottles are still full when they get there ;).

I am totally agree with you, I feel the same way,
Hopefully I would be able to get out next week to.
My crew and my self crossing our fingers for the better water condition.
Good luck for all of us.

if we get the weather and that line in a tad closer I have a crew standing bye and I will be out in my tub in the middle of next week also...Have a good one guys but safe and enjoy yourselves...:)

It's looking like a long run to get to good water. There's a nice edge at about 189 degrees on the compass but it's 88nm out. For me, that's 3 hours in the best of water 4 in lumpy stuff. I'll stick to fishing off the mouth of the Columbia River where it's only 32-35 miles out. Maybe next year we can organize a Canadian/American derby with some of you folks coming south for the Ilwaco fishery. I'd help put something together there.

It's looking like a long run to get to good water. There's a nice edge at about 189 degrees on the compass but it's 88nm out. For me, that's 3 hours in the best of water 4 in lumpy stuff. I'll stick to fishing off the mouth of the Columbia River where it's only 32-35 miles out. Maybe next year we can organize a Canadian/American derby with some of you folks coming south for the Ilwaco fishery. I'd help put something together there.

S, where you out of??

Great party last night at Seabeam Lodge, thanks again to Brad, Seaton and the crew there.

A few boats on the grounds today, should have a report this evening! Stay tuned...

Slow day yesterday with only 3 boats making a run. Weather restricted those guys to a short day and the leaderboard is still wide open. Lots of good salmon and bottom fishing around the sound to keep everyone busy anyways. No boats offshore today. The weather is looking favorable for the week ahead so should have a good fleet of boats on the hunt soon! Stay tuned for updates.

I Think the big alu diesel of baird is out today. Kneel is his deck hand. Should get word from them tonight. For know the boat is ready gonna try tuesday. Start at 55 nm and put out the spread.. North side of bark. Hali tmrw.

S, where you out of??
I fish out of Neah Bay from June until mid August. After that, I've been running the boat S. to Ilwaco for the remainder of the season (until about October/November). Neah allows me to fish Swiftsure, hali on your side of the border, salmon on the edge of the shelf farther south and bottom fish by Cape Alava. Ilwaco allows me to fish salmon in the Columbia and on the beach near Long Beach but most importantly gives me much easier access to tuna and the opportunity to fish 'em with live bait.

Made the run out yesterday with Tykytee Blue. Went out 62 miles to find the temp break, and found one from 59 to 62 degrees in about a 2 mile stretch way past Barkley canyon. Covered about 35 miles trolling, but no luck and had to pack it in at about 3 due to rising winds and seas and 62 miles to get back. So my first exposure to tuna fishing was a bit of a bust and my tuna cherry still intact. ;-) Learned a lot about patterns, speeds depths etc, so not a lost day, but a little blood on the boat would have been nice. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
We fished out of Westport on my buddies boat over the labour day weekend.
47 big ones for 2 short days fishing.
Back at the dock by noon or so.
All on live bait. One stop then home.
33 miles off the bar. 1 1/2 hour run.
We definitely lucked out with the weather as its been rough down there all summer as well.

Well after a couple of days of nailing salmon and bottom fish inshore and off, it is officially on!
A number of boats are headed offshore to overnight and most of the fleet are heading out tomorrow as the weather looks favourable and water looks better.

A few boats went to the tuna grounds today...stay tuned for an update.

Back